Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Hey @waverave can we see it in a size comparison pic? It looks great.
    @yuzefe don't worry mate although not a "peanut" in the strict sense of the word as relates to knives..yours does look strangely peanutty.

yuzefe, Headwinds and waverave like this.
  2. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Thanks :) A lack of bolsters really highlights the shape of a pattern :thumbsup:

Thanks :) It is now! I think I must have went through 4-5 Peanuts trying to get one modified the way I wanted...so this one was a costly learning project. I didn't get the lanyard hole I was trying for but still pleased.

3. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Thanks!
    Cashew_compare_01.jpg
    Cashew_compare_02.jpg

4. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    waverave likes this.
  5. peanutsxx

peanutsxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2017
    mbkr and waverave like this.
  6. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    For all you ag peanut lovers I just listed a stag one on the exchange. There great little knives I just miss the half stops

chuck4570 likes this.
  7. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
  8. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Earlier I posted my tri-nut. I went and bought the entire set :eek: I never buy complete sets, so this is a new one for me. Given, its only three knives, but its complete :p
    CampfirePeanut1.JPG CampfirePeanut2.JPG CampfirePeanut3.JPG CampfirePeanut4.JPG

9. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I don’t know if I would use the trinut much but that’s a nice idea.

10. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    I doubt I'll use it much, if at all, but the 3 blades don't come along that often. Think I'll keep an eye for a reasonably priced one of these :eek::rolleyes::p
    [​IMG]

11. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    10A50C6D-4E97-4594-90B7-47671AD6E458.jpeg

12. mike Berkovitch

mike Berkovitch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    2009 CV

IMG_3741.JPG

Mike

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Been a while since I last carried a Peanut. This one, a kind gift from Stuart @Duckdog , has been making itself useful on my desk for the past month or so, but it's taking its maiden pocket voyage tomorrow ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Time to bump this thread! Last summer, I lost my favorite chestnut bone cv peanut - a sad day! Been looking for a replacement for some time, since new ones don't seem to be available. I just received this in the mail - an unsharpened (factory edge) like new 1965 - 1969 bone peanut. It's in fabulous shape! The action is great - smooth and snappy just like I like 'em. There's only one problem - is it too nice to use? Over 50 years old and still like new! Should it remain a safe queen or should I sharpen it up and drop it in my pocket?! I'm thinking that it's too nice NOT to carry and they look even better with patina. Am I crazy? And, by the way, I probably paid less for it than most new ones go for! IMG_2011.JPG IMG_2010.JPG Here it is with my much carried yeller cv which is getting some "pepper spot" patina. IMG_2007.JPG

15. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    I love the older peanuts stiffer pull and the old carbon steel just seems to get wicked sharp. If it was mine I'd carry it

jmh33 likes this.
  16. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    It’s a beauty, I’d carry it, but I carry all of mine.

jmh33 likes this.
  17. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Carry that beauty.

18. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Like the Isleys said . . .

"It's yo' thing, do what you wanna do!"

19. cbfordtruck

cbfordtruck

Feb 21, 2020
    Carl, your stories have also made me drink the kool-aid and I now have 2 peanuts

chuck4570, jmh33 and HEMI 49 like this.
  20. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Thats good! It's always good to have multiple peanuts, they like the company. The mighty legumes are much like the piranha, they travel well in schools.:thumbsup:
    :D

chuck4570, jmh33 and HEMI 49 like this.