Cult of the peanut , members

..."it's not like fifty years is old."
I guess I won't argue with that - I would have been 4 to 8 years old when that knife was made, but I'm only going to be 29 again this year! Ha.

Thank you very much I think I've got it.
The blade centering is off and the grind otb was one of the worst I've ever experienced but still I think I'm in love.
dateposted-public

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187290900@N04/49618550096/in/dateposted-public/

TlvvK4U.jpg
Case has the most presence in this thread,and rightfully so as they're the most prevalent maker of this pattern. There are others though that fit the bill, this old Imperial is certainly one. This one isn't a clamshell and has good walk'n'talk, with halfstops no less.Fairly certain the covers are celluloid and have shrunk a bit,but I dont think its gassing.

Bought my first peanut this week. Yeller CV. Love it so far. I sort of wish I would have ordered one in stainless but I like to buy local if possible. They are great slicers and the box shaped handle makes it feel larger. I also love that there is separation between the blades being a two spring so no blade rub. I'm sure I will buy more of these little gems in the future.

I love the little thing. I make sure to not use it beyond its means. With that said it truly can handle more than one thinks.

Yes, we who love the legume know it can handle more than one would think. But I remember dad would spare his 'nut on the dirty work by using a utility knife on the rough stuff. He did baby it a bit because of the sentimental value of it. I do tend to do the same with a favorite, and use a box cutter for the real dirty work.

Back