Cult of the peanut , members

First post on this forum - and I wanted to make sure it was a good one!

Just received this Chestnut CV peanut - here posed alongside a beautiful Pelikan 400NN fountain pen from the 1960s. I normally carry a Mini Copperhead, and still love the Wharncliffe blade, but after reading most of this thread, I think I've fallen for the simplicity of the peanut and the look of the Chestnut bone. or at least, I'd fallen for it to the point that I searched high and low to track one down. With all of my university classes transferred online, I had quite a bit of free time, I suppose.

vzWfQXa.jpg

Last edited:

Just received this Chestnut CV peanut - here posed alongside a beautiful Pelikan 400NN fountain pen from the 1960s. I normally carry a Mini Copperhead - and still love the Wharncliffe blade - but after reading most of this thread, I think I've fallen for the simplicity of the knife and the look of the Chestnut bone - to the point that I had to search high and low to track one down. With all of my university classes transferred online, I had quite a bit of free time, I suppose.

vzWfQXa.jpg
Welcome to the forum and the cult! Be aware that 'nuts tend to grow in number. Nobody knows why, it just seems to happen. I too started out with one. Now I have... well I'm not sure, but its more than one :)

Just received this Chestnut CV peanut - here posed alongside a beautiful Pelikan 400NN fountain pen from the 1960s. I normally carry a Mini Copperhead, and still love the Wharncliffe blade, but after reading most of this thread, I think I've fallen for the simplicity of the peanut and the look of the Chestnut bone. or at least, I'd fallen for it to the point that I searched high and low to track one down. With all of my university classes transferred online, I had quite a bit of free time, I suppose.

vzWfQXa.jpg

Welcome! Chestnut bone CV is about as traditional as you can get. I have a chestnut bone CV swayback jack that I really like. If you're into fountain pens you might like to check out the "any fountain pen users?" thread over in Community Discussion Forums > Gadgets & Gear.

0ARfm8l.jpg

WzyMJl7.jpg

Hello all. I’ve joined the cult and thought Id show off my Chestnut CV Peanut. Been a good friend these last few days. Started off this am slicing a pretzel bun for breakfast and went on to cut plastic flower containers, seed packages, and twine for planting our garden. Glad the rain held off. Finished off the day with a light stropping.

My road to small was certainly inspired by Carl’s stories. In particular about his dad. I haven’t read the 250 pages of posts yet, but I suspect I’m not alone. While it’s not the most unique, over time I’ve decided that the feel of bone handles suit me best. I’m thrilled with this little knife. It satisfies my needs for nostalgia, aesthetics, and, most importantly...it’s damn good at cutting stuff.

0ARfm8l.jpg

WzyMJl7.jpg

Hello all. I’ve joined the cult and thought Id show off my Chestnut CV Peanut. Been a good friend these last few days. Started off this am slicing a pretzel bun for breakfast and went on to cut plastic flower containers, seed packages, and twine for planting our garden. Glad the rain held off. Finished off the day with a light stropping.

My road to small was certainly inspired by Carl’s stories. In particular about his dad. I haven’t read the 250 pages of posts yet, but I suspect I’m not alone. While it’s not the most unique, over time I’ve decided that the feel of bone handles suit me best. I’m thrilled with this little knife. It satisfies my needs for nostalgia, aesthetics, and, most importantly...it’s damn good at cutting stuff.
Great post. I have the same peanut and I’ll carry it tomorrow

vzWfQXa.jpg
Nice post bro. Welcome to the forum. What do you study?

0ARfm8l.jpg

WzyMJl7.jpg

Thats a downright gorgeous little legume, doc!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There really is something to hope the 'nut feels nestled in the hand while cutting something. The thin flat grind helps a great deal. Glad to see another member of The Cult on board.

I hope it gets along with the executive okay.

0ARfm8l.jpg

WzyMJl7.jpg

That bamboo pic just became my tablet desktop background. That's peanut Art right there !

Thanks for the welcome, all!
Even as I putter around the house or go on my daily walks, I've found that I've been reaching for the Peanut instead of my Mini Copperhead - I am really loving the slicy little blades! I am afraid that a peanut or two more might be in my future - maybe a classic yellow CV model...or a backup Chestnut CV, hmm...

Nice post bro. Welcome to the forum. What do you study?

I study History and Political Science, with an emphasis on the late nineteenth century out to the mid twentieth and studies relating to imperialism and colonization. I love the narratives that come with history, and especially the day to day lives of people in positions far removed from our own. I have been finding a few mentions of knives in the diaries and primary sources that I have been reading for my thesis project, and it's always interesting to see the nonchalant attitude that people had towards carrying some form of edge with them on the daily basis.

Nice. I have a bachelor's in history and english lit. Post-colonialism was always a favourite school of thought for me, being of the antipodean persuasion. Good luck with it all.

Utilitarian, beauty, and class. I love this combo. Was getting a couple of new fishing poles for my boys ready for this weekend and decided to empty the pockets for a quick photo. Small knives and small guns are now my thing :D

Doc, I gotta warn ya of a danger that is distinctly the realm of the small knives and small guns.

With the peanuts, its very likely you will find the little legumes multiplying. This is a known phenomenon common with not only peanuts, but 'other' small knives like baby copperheads, butter beans, and small pen knives. When I got into the NAA mini's, I found the same phenomena at play. Not only did I find a 'spare' peanut class of pocket knife in another pocket, but a second mini after a while in company with the original mini. With my first mini in my right hand pants pocket, I would be startled to find another mini in an inside waist band holster in the appendix position, or in a back pocket, or even in a miniature flap holster on the right hip. :eek:

I have no idea how this happened, but I can only presume that the mini's, like the mighty mite peanut, tend to travel in schools like piranha.:confused: They do seem to like company of their own kind, and if one is present, its only a matter of time until you find another hiding out on or near you. Many of the members of The Cult have begun with only one lonely legume, but somehow found themselves with more as time went on. This only works out so well because of the small size, its very easy to 'accumulate' multiple peanuts or minis on your personal. ;)

Be veeeery careful, Doc, they do tend to multiply.
:D

Oh by the way Doc, since you are a new member of The Cult, you can expect in the near future to be surprised by a fat man in a rumple white suit and a red Fez, in a yellow New York city Checker cab driven by a midget. Do not be alarmed, they are there to take you to the place of initiation to the The Cult. Sorry, but you do have to wear a blindfold.

Back