Cult of the peanut , members

Just saw the discontinued 53240 Caribbean blue jigged from a few years ago. Right up my alley. If anyone wants to part with theirs, send me a msg.

Jigged bone seems to feel better in the hand compared to sawcut.

7SBsRjL.jpg

My minimalist repair kit. Goes with me everyday. Everything is peanut size or close.
PIXpXmT.jpg
Your peanut is looking superb, Mike, and the rest of your kit inspired me to look into putting something like that together! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I've been carrying a 4" adjustable wrench for almost a year, and picked up a small channel-lock type pliers 4 months ago that I really like. Haven't yet managed to find vice grips as small as I want (at a price I'm willing to pay :rolleyes:).

- GT

Your peanut is looking superb, Mike, and the rest of your kit inspired me to look into putting something like that together! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I've been carrying a 4" adjustable wrench for almost a year, and picked up a small channel-lock type pliers 4 months ago that I really like. Haven't yet managed to find vice grips as small as I want (at a price I'm willing to pay :rolleyes:).

- GT
Thank you. The peanut is still going strong.
My local Ace has both the needle nose and regular 4 inch vise grip for around $22. I have used the vise grips and the little wrench alot since I started carrying them. I have carried the wrench for several years. I grew up watching my dad use one quite often.

Lookin good Mike!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its great that it both honors your family everyday, and gives you such milage out of just a few items. Outstanding.
It is a pleasure to carry these knives because the family gave them to me. Even though each took is small they can still do alot of work and you still have room to carry other things.

Just think Mike, with just the small vise grips and the SAK, you have as much mission capability most full size multitools with a fraction of the cost and weight. In fact, a bit more real world use, as the vise grips can double as a wrench on a rusty bolt, or hold the nut on the back side while you sued the SAK screw driver to tighten the screw.

Very often I've run into the situation where the nut has to be held with pliers or wrench to keep it from turning while the screw on the frontside os being tightened or loosened depending if your just starting the repair of finishing up. Multitools have this Achilies heel of all the tools attached in one bundle. Your setup breaks things up and thats a good thing.

Just think Mike, with just the small vise grips and the SAK, you have as much mission capability most full size multitools with a fraction of the cost and weight. In fact, a bit more real world use, as the vise grips can double as a wrench on a rusty bolt, or hold the nut on the back side while you sued the SAK screw driver to tighten the screw.

Very often I've run into the situation where the nut has to be held with pliers or wrench to keep it from turning while the screw on the frontside os being tightened or loosened depending if your just starting the repair of finishing up. Multitools have this Achilies heel of all the tools attached in one bundle. Your setup breaks things up and thats a good thing.
The vise grips are great at clamping things also. I was at one of the kids soccer games and had a chair brake. Clamped the vise grips on and the chair was usable again. The vise grips are in use in the right corner of the chair.
29Imkt6.jpg

I was carrying today a Reese Bose gent’s folder and thought it would be interesting to compare it to some other, older small knives:

Left to right:

1. R. Bose green jigged bone folder
2. Remington UMC R2073 bareheaded jack (1921-1924)
3. Schrade USA 120T Old Timer Pal (1991-2004?)
4. Kutmaster Peanut Jack (c. ?)
5. Case XX candy cane Peanut (2001-2003)
6. Remington UMC R7713 Senator pen knife (1924-1933)

EBC3EC5C-B46E-407E-864D-E14BFC8D5162.jpeg

(the difference in size between the extended R. Bose folder and the Case Peanut is 5/8”)

Can anyone help me with a date range on the Kutmaster?

My mom told me not to join any cults when I got older, and I'm definitely older now :confused:. Not sure this even makes me a member, but my first Peanut in my first Damascus. Very well put together knife.

OeNejHz.jpg
That's a nice one! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Oh BTW, you're doomed. Resistance is futile :p

Back