Cult of the peanut , members

I see that Snap-On makes a 4-inch slip-joint as well. From this distance, the 6-inch looks a lot more useful. Either way, the both look a bit bulky for the front pocket. If I get one, it will end up in a motorcycle tool roll.
If you like wide jaws on an adjustable wrench, ChannelLock has a small one that opens up to 42mm. I don’t have it in front of me, so I can’t say for certain it is 6”, so it could be eight. That one comes in handy on motorbikes for steering stems and fork tubes. I have no need to carry that one in a pocket.
I have the 4 in snap on slip joint pliers and they fit nice in the pocket. They are useful and pretty strong. I still carry them some if im away from home. For my job the 6 in are just right. I do not recommend the snap on 4 in channel lock pliers. The are pretty flimsy and the handles bend with out any effort. Probably the only snap on tool i think is junk.

kuS9Lwi.jpg

This is an old picture but i do have these in my pocket this weekend. These are the 4 inch snap on pliers. We are in Oklahoma City for soccer this weekend and i did have to use these pliers. We locked our keys in the car and i used the pliers to pry the door open enough to insert a metal hanger in and hit the unlock button. Day saved. I think i will keep them in my pocket from now on. They do complement the squirt well.

This thread should be on the first page! One of my nearly daily carrys for the last year or so (it replaced its twin that was lost). A marvelous companion! Of course, being someone who is a member here, this is rarely the ONLY knife I carry at any given time!IMG_3070.JPG

I know that it seems like Case is the only Peanut, there are lots of others, like maybe the Camilus 21! Here's one of my couple!View attachment 1622841View attachment 1622842

I think you're totally right in that, Ben. While Case is the only maker that specifically names a model "Peanut", there is a host of other "peanut class" of small pocket knives that are for all intents, close cousins. Part of the family, and deserve a seat at the table. I've got a little Camillus made Remington 'peanut' class of knife that looks soooooo close.

That Camillus 21 of yours is a great looking pocket knife by any standards. A well seasoned pocket cutter with lots of stories to tell!:thumbsup:

Two new members requesting initiation into the cult. I got my daughter (7) and son (5) peanuts as we were driving through Lebanon MO on a 4500 mile road trip. My son was adamant his knife was small and blue, and my daughter only requested a peanut that looks like something I’d carry, so she picked the brown bone. Medium jack (big peanut) is mine.
TOo60Ky.jpg

Back