Cult of the peanut , members

Alright folks, I used to have a peanut in stag but wasn't very happy with the stag. I ended up trading it away and didn't ever think about it again until now. At the time all I would carry was a bigger knife with a bit more meat on it but now have the appreciation that you fine folks do. I do still carry a bigger knife but like having a smaller knife on me that's a bit more work friendly like my swayback jack in cv which has become an everyday thing. I think now it has a bit more competition.
View attachment 409624

Hey Red, nice peanut. Don't worry about a stag going down the road, the yella is about as classic as you can get. :thumb up:

Carl, Grand High Mucka Of The Cult.

Nice!
I guess that's one nut the squirrel didn't want to collect!!
G2

Peanut did real well with its first squirrel !

and had its first bath in the creek afterwards,,,

Hey Red, nice peanut. Don't worry about a stag going down the road, the yella is about as classic as you can get. :thumb up:

Carl, Grand High Mucka Of The Cult.
Hey thanks jacknife, I think this ones a keeper.

Does this toenail make my peanut look super tiny? Or does the peanut make my toenail look ginormous? Hmmm
IMG_22191_zps72e24b22.jpg

In the past I have exchanged, purchase and gifted peanuts (to my groomsmen) and kept going back and forth between patterns. This little nut was a gift from my wife, as this was our first christmas as husband and wife she wanted to give me something I would have with me constantly and many years down the road remember that it was a gift during our first christmas. So since christmas day I have been carrying it with me, sometimes accompanies by another one but little by little it has shown me that this little nut is all I need to do the cutting tasks in a usual day. I'm sure I'll carry a stockman for whittling and a camper if work requires it but this buy is in all honestly all I need in my pocket constantly. Here is what I have been halling around all January.. I keep passing it from my watch pocket to the main RF pocket but I'm terrified I'll drop it. How do you carry your nut around? what else is in that pocket? and most importantly how many of them have you lost so far?? :(

197E71F8-E9C4-4AC4-A608-CAAEA1D0858E_zpswooj7x2g.jpg

In the past I have exchanged, purchase and gifted peanuts (to my groomsmen) and kept going back and forth between patterns. This little nut was a gift from my wife, as this was our first christmas as husband and wife she wanted to give me something I would have with me constantly and many years down the road remember that it was a gift during our first christmas. So since christmas day I have been carrying it with me, sometimes accompanies by another one but little by little it has shown me that this little nut is all I need to do the cutting tasks in a usual day. I'm sure I'll carry a stockman for whittling and a camper if work requires it but this buy is in all honestly all I need in my pocket constantly. Here is what I have been halling around all January.. I keep passing it from my watch pocket to the main RF pocket but I'm terrified I'll drop it. How do you carry your nut around? what else is in that pocket? and most importantly how many of them have you lost so far?? :(

Hey bud, there's nothing' as classic as a yella peanut. As far as carrying it, I just drop it in my right front pocket, and then shove loosely wadded up bandana down on top of it. I've carried pocket knives my whole life, and I've yet to loose one. I wear regular Wrangler jeans most of the time, so falling out of a pocket is moot. But I carry this way with Dockers and dress pants, and it works well. There's always two items in my right front pocket, the peanut, and a Fenix E01 flashlight. Both are retained well by the wadded up bandana. Give it a try. I've never liked carrying a knife in the watch pocket, it just feels awkward, and too shallow to be really secure.

Carl.

How big is the Fenix E01? I have been eyeing one.. could you put a picture of one with reference to the peanut? I have tossed a maglite solitaire for now and my hanky from the LB pocket to the right and I'll report back at the end of february sir.

Hey bud, there's nothing' as classic as a yella peanut. As far as carrying it, I just drop it in my right front pocket, and then shove loosely wadded up bandana down on top of it. I've carried pocket knives my whole life, and I've yet to loose one. I wear regular Wrangler jeans most of the time, so falling out of a pocket is moot. But I carry this way with Dockers and dress pants, and it works well. There's always two items in my right front pocket, the peanut, and a Fenix E01 flashlight. Both are retained well by the wadded up bandana. Give it a try. I've never liked carrying a knife in the watch pocket, it just feels awkward, and too shallow to be really secure.

Carl.

12089659294_991f81693e_c.jpg

Here ya go, Mudguard. The Fenix is a great little flashlight, way better than than the Maglite version. Good light, long run time, great dependability. It's very close in size to the peanut. The E05 will give more lumens, but run time is short by comparison. But I've yet to not have enough light from the E01, even down in Carlsbad caverns where there was some lights out and had not been replaced due to the sequester of the government. I regard it as important daily carry with a sharp knife.

Carl.

Well Carl you have sold me on the idea.. Should have one by the end of the week and my transformation will be complete haha. Whats with the clamp on the light? Thank you for the picture!

12089659294_991f81693e_c.jpg

Here ya go, Mudguard. The Fenix is a great little flashlight, way better than than the Maglite version. Good light, long run time, great dependability. It's very close in size to the peanut. The E05 will give more lumens, but run time is short by comparison. But I've yet to not have enough light from the E01, even down in Carlsbad caverns where there was some lights out and had not been replaced due to the sequester of the government. I regard it as important daily carry with a sharp knife.

Carl.

The clip on the light is so, if I need to, hang it from a shirt collar and leave my hands free to work on something. Or it can be quickly clipped to the keyring for convenience. JUst adds a bit of versatility to it.

Good thinking Grand High Mucka! Also nice peanut seems relatively new, what is the oldest peanut you own (picture would make the response more engaging certainly) ?

The clip on the light is so, if I need to, hang it from a shirt collar and leave my hands free to work on something. Or it can be quickly clipped to the keyring for convenience. JUst adds a bit of versatility to it.

I've been carrying this one for about 3 years now, and I love it. I had two yellow 'nuts at different times, but ended up gifting them away to different people who didn't have a pocket knife. One was given to my grandson, the other a young man and his new bride I met outside an IKEA store. Then there's my dad's old peanut that is now in my grandson's family collection, with some photo's of my dad and some papers. Ryan, my grandson, is co-owner of the family history along with his mother, my daughter. He also has my old chestnut bone 'nut. The both now live in California due to a career move my daughter Jessica had to make. I'm hoping they will be back here in a few years. Next time I go out there, I'll have to take some photos. I do have to get another yella 'nut. I don't like being down to just one 'nut, and yella is classic!

Carl, Grand High Muckba of little objects.

It looks like a great little nut for sure. It would be very neat to see your father's peanut knife, specially after reading so much about it. I used to carry a chestnut for a little time, during my wedding I gave away some little knives to my groomsmen along with other things. I decided that one of them should keep the one that I had been carrying (he was the only one who would have known what CV steel meant and how to care for it). So we went our separate ways then and it wasn't until christmas that my wife got me this one and now it has a large sentimental feeling (plus yellow is her favorite color). I sort of miss the bone though.. that jigged bone works great as a little worry stone :(. Too bad the only bone pocket knife I have right now is a CV medium stockman and I am very much settled into carrying a peanut from now on.

I've been carrying this one for about 3 years now, and I love it. I had two yellow 'nuts at different times, but ended up gifting them away to different people who didn't have a pocket knife. One was given to my grandson, the other a young man and his new bride I met outside an IKEA store. Then there's my dad's old peanut that is now in my grandson's family collection, with some photo's of my dad and some papers. Ryan, my grandson, is co-owner of the family history along with his mother, my daughter. He also has my old chestnut bone 'nut. The both now live in California due to a career move my daughter Jessica had to make. I'm hoping they will be back here in a few years. Next time I go out there, I'll have to take some photos. I do have to get another yella 'nut. I don't like being down to just one 'nut, and yella is classic!

Carl, Grand High Muckba of little objects.

My peanut story is sort of like yours, it was gifted to me two years ago from my newly born daughter on Christmas she was 24 days old at the time and I've carried it religiously everyday since.
I carry it in my coin pocket next to my zippo

I carry one of these in another pocket, I am always fixing something

And when I go for a hike

Pete

Very nice knife and great fishing tin.. I would really like to build one. What is the list of things you have in it?looks like a great little setup Pete.

My peanut story is sort of like yours, it was gifted to me two years ago from my newly born daughter on Christmas she was 24 days old at the time and I've carried it religiously everyday since.
I carry it in my coin pocket next to my zippo

I carry one of these in another pocket, I am always fixing something

And when I go for a hike

Pete

Thanks JD as I say, only do a little and check after each swipe of the needle file.

Here's something that I'm sure most of you guys/gals would think odd, a sheath to carry the peanut? well of course I'm biased in carry but, when sitting or just not wanting to dig through my pockets and want to keep the dust bunnies out of there, a sheath for me works a lot of the time. I wish I had a little thinner leather, this was a bit of a pain to form!!! lol small knife but the blade shape of the clip makes it snap into the sheath so solid she'll never ever shake free but you can pull her out when needed. Handy little knife, makes me miss that Damascus stag I had, goofy me!

Peanut7.jpg

G2

Never seen a pocket sheath for a peanut. I like it. :thumbup:

Very nice knife and great fishing tin.. I would really like to build one. What is the list of things you have in it?looks like a great little setup Pete.

Thanks, it's a small altoids tin, I've made others but is the only one that's practical enough to be carried

Inside Tin contents
$ 20 bill sometimes it's all you need :)
Two small band aides ( for daughter )
Two Imodium pills ( nothing worst then the sh**s )
10 strike anywhere matches (glued together at base to help contain and consolidate )
Two straws filled with petroleum jelled cotton balls ( ease in fire making )
One straw filled with Neosporin ( first aide)
One straw ( to consolidate) filled with split shot ( fishing )
One wire leader ( fishing, snare )
Two small weighted hooks ( fishing )
Two swivels ( fishing )
Tail end of rubber worm ( fishing )
Under blue tape cordage, wrapped with twine, and wrapped again with fishing line, ( multiple uses, shelter, snares, fishing, blue tape is for compression and ease of removal)
*Match Striker glued to lid ( convince and ease )
Small amount of tin foil ( fishing, have caught sunfish with weighted hook wrapped in the tin foil )
Three paper clips ( multiple uses, fashion hooks, pins, needles, compass needle, attach two different size strings together etc...)
The tin itself could be used as a signal mirror, and also not ideal but in a survival situation can boil small amounts of H20 and pine needles, to keep hydrated.

Here's a old thread
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/979169-Survival-edc-tin-s

Pete

Never seen a pocket sheath for a peanut. I like it. :thumbup:

Thanks it is pretty handy and the clip blade's profile makes her snap in like a vault, folks at work still get a kick out of seeing it. and as I say, I have to sit at work for my job a lot any more, so it's easier to get to it from the sheath than from a pocket, plus it keeps the lint bunnies outta there ;)
G2

Back