Cult of the peanut , members

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jacktrades_nbk, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mudguard

mudguard

Aug 2, 2013
    Finally got here.. Here is my peanut setup based on the wise words and guidance of the Grand High Mucka of the little things Jackknife (aka Carl).

[​IMG]

2. jon_slider

jon_slider

Aug 24, 2010
    Congratulations :)
    I agree, a light is essential edc for me too (there are 3 lights and a ball point pen in this pic)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  3. mudguard

mudguard

Aug 2, 2013
    Yea it definitely comes in handy very often. I am really happy with the E01. Great size and overall light. You all know exactly what you are talking about..

4. mudguard

mudguard

Aug 2, 2013
    Oh yea I forgot to show that I keep one of these in my wallet all the time.

[​IMG]

5. Groove

Groove

May 3, 2011
    I dug my red bone out today.

[​IMG]

6. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Good looking set-up, mudguard!:thumb up:

Now just add a golf pencil, and a fire source of some kind, and ya got it made.

Carl, Grand High Muckba of The Cult.

7. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Glad to see your screw driver. I'm thinking of making these mandatory carry items of Cult members as per regulation 63, Chapter 4, paragraph 3, line 18.
    [​IMG]

Carl, Grand High Muckba of detailed rules and regulations.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  8. mudguard

mudguard

Aug 2, 2013
    I believe they should be.. The peanut + screwdriver (in my wallet) combo has been keeping me from putting a SAK soldier back in my pocket. It makes my pockets feel nice and lite.

9. Groove

Groove

May 3, 2011
    I just picked up a Skeletool *gasp* and it's got me carrying the yellow Peanut again. I figure I'll use the peanut for most cutting tasks (and oysters) and the MT for other stuff.

[​IMG]

10. MacTech

MacTech

Jan 7, 2006
    I wonder if I'm still a member of the cult....

A couple years ago, I purchased a red bone SS peanut, it went everywhere with me, I loved it, and was a full fledged Peanut Cultist....

Last year, my nephew graduated from cub scouts to Boy Scouts, and got his totin' chip merit badge, to celebrate this event, I gave him the choice of one of my faithful knives that I EDC daily, the Peanut, or my SAK Pioneer.....

Without a moment's hesitation, he chose the 'nut and carries it with pride wherever he can

I was proud he made the "right" choice, although he couldn't lose either way

I just haven't gotten around to replacing the 'nut yet, and I need to decide if I want to go with a Yeller CV, or an Amber bone CV....

Yes, I know I'll end up with all the CV 'nuts eventually, but what to get *now*?

Right now, Little Knife duties are handled by a Bonestag SS mini stockman, but it just isn't *me*, and I can't warm up to it

Am I still in the cult? Or do I need to get another 'nut first?

11. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Mac, look at me. You have transgressed and abandoned the cult.:eek: But as your brother cultist, and your Grand High Muckba, you can be forgiven. But you must obtain a yella CV 'nut ASAP. Yella and patined CXV is the purest form of pertinence. You will be reinstated in the rolls. But you must act quickly. The internet is a great thing for seeking redemption quickly!:D

Carl, Grand High Muckba.

Fodderwing likes this.
  12. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    I purchased a Chestnut Bone CV 14 days ago and pretty soon i ordered an Amber Bone and a Yellow CV they arrived today whilst i was waiting i ordered a Smooth Chestnut Bone, i think i may be in need of an intervention!!! (no just funnin with you)...

13. jon_slider

jon_slider

Aug 24, 2010
    indeed! you need a photographic intervention.. post a pic, or it didnt happen :)

[​IMG]

14. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    I had a go but i cant get to grips with all this img pasting lark, i have had this discussion before and whilst i talk English i do not talk computer, i looked at the tutorial by "bulgron" until my brain fogged up, i have applied for Gold membership as my understanding is there is a shortcut way of posting photos, if i got that wrong then i am out a few quid, i used to go on another forum where you just pointed the little pointy thing at the picture of the tv clicked a few times and whoosh photo appeared, as you may have gathered i am self taught on this machine...

15. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    the actual link of the photo, example : www.imagehostsite.com/example.jpg, would have to go between these : [​IMG]

so, that would be:

[​IMG]

if you have your pics uploaded to photobucket or imageshack for example, you get the links with brackets straight from there.

16. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    See i get that you think you are helping but i really cannot make head or tails of this computer stuff,my next door neighbour tried teaching me for a whole afternoon and was then taken suddenly drunk and as far as i can tell she still is...
    I have just been trying to join IMGUR but it wont let me because it is asking me questions i cant answer..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  17. MacTech

MacTech

Jan 7, 2006
    I hereby tender my request for readmittance/renewal into The Cult...

I give you; Exhibit A. My credential...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Admittedly, it *IS* a TruSharp redbone, a Brooks and Dunn "Making a Case for America" Ace Hardware special, new old stock, but what's interesting to me, is that it's not only the same model I gifted to my nephew, but I bought it at the same Ace Hardware in Kittery Maine that I bought my first one at, at least three years ago....

.... They have one more of these left in stock, even better, it's at clearance pricing of $17, that's for the knife in a commemorative tin and a B&D music cd

I still plan to get a Yeller CV, but at least I replaced my gifted knife and am hopefully back in the cult

18. Andya27

Andya27

Dec 26, 2013
    I keep on seeing photos of these damascus Peanuts. Must find...

19. buckeyejake

buckeyejake

Dec 28, 2013
    Well I have carried one for most of my life a red bone in the sixtys and seventys A yellow for a long time in the eightys Back to red CV l love em. Now I have bought my grandsons a red ,a yellow and chestnut all CV The boys will have enough to last a while :) Oh at Xmas they can't wait to open them up. My daughters put them up while 4, 5 and 7 is a little young :) When I was a boy every one carried a small knife and i want the boys to do it too So give a boy a peanut and watch his eyes light up. Jake

20. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Well, sold my two bladed peanut, needed funds, but, I still have the Big nut with 5 blades, I took my needle file to the clip point's back spring and also just a tad to the tang portion of the blade to get her to go a bit straighter, the other blades are still angled a lot, but the clip one bugs me if it's tilted so much, THIS time I did a before and after shot ;) I'm learning...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

G2

Mikael W likes this.