Cumming Bladeworks USA

I think it’s closer to 3/8” difference?
HB currently approx. 3 1/8” blade?

(3/4” difference would be pretty big - to me anyway)

ETA: just realized that the comparison was with the prod. HB. Dunno specs on that one. 3 1/4” blade??

I think it’s closer to 3/8” difference?
HB currently approx. 3 1/8” blade?

(3/4” difference would be pretty big - to me anyway)

ETA: just realized that the comparison was with the prod. HB. Dunno specs on that one. 3 1/4” blade??
You're correct. I just got home and measured them. The TM looks just about 3/8" longer than the Pro HB.

Production Hiking Buddy on top and gen 1 Trailmaster on bottom. The second picture attempts to show the difference in the width of the scales; HB is a good bit thicker.

39250695580_9c050f8765_b.jpg

41017801832_9982841339_b.jpg

Now you just have to wait for the forge to use some solid blue G10. ;)

Perhaps...? But the typical G10 blue isn't my favorite. Slate, and we're talkin'. :)

Fortunately, natural canvas is one of my favorites, a very classic look and great feel in-hand (when done right).

I'm mostly waiting to see if Fiddleback Fiddleback is going to plug the holes with micarta, as previously hinted at. ;)

~ P.

Perhaps...? But the typical G10 blue isn't my favorite. Slate, and we're talkin'. :)

Fortunately, natural canvas is one of my favorites, a very classic look and great feel in-hand (when done right).

I'm mostly waiting to see if Fiddleback Fiddleback is going to plug the holes with micarta, as previously hinted at. ;)

~ P.

I do seem to remember you saying that now that you mention it again... I'm also a big fan of natural and will definitely be owning one of those as well as the orange one I ordered. :D

A little bird told me that there are going to be some "solid pin" versions. Not sure if that was accurate, but it's what I was told.

Are the micarta scales polished smooth? Hopefully not or it's a deal breaker for me.

Received these two from Olde Towne today! Very quick shipping!

Originally I was going to keep the Trailmaster for myself and give the Utility as a gift, but I've decided to give them as a matched pair. These will be given to my best friend and best man as an early groomsman gift.

uDAFMUel.jpg

I just unwrapped them for a minute to take a look before packing them back up. I will be picking up another Trailmaster in the near future for sure. Very excited about that model!

Well done guys at the Forge! I'm impressed. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back