Current model info for the EDC.

It's a tight little package and fairly thin and slicey with a relatively thin edge and narrow primary grinds designed for cutting performance. To me, the handle feels amazing, I think Lorien did a fantastic job on the design.

Specs:
3V, 61-62 HRC, .135” thick at ricasso
Total length 7.5”
Blade length 3.2”
Weight 4.8 oz
Edge angle 18 DPS
.020" BTE
Hidden lanyard

Choice of vertical or horizontal Kydex sheath made by Dan Crotts of Dozier Knives

Some unspeakable violence will befall this test blade tomorrow:

edc.jpg~original

Whoa buddy! That looks good!! I (almost) feel sorry for the little guy though :)

Can't wait to see these hit the sales.

Nathan the Machinist said:
Some unspeakable violence will befall this test blade tomorrow

Whoa buddy! That looks good!! I (almost) feel sorry for the little guy though :)

Can't wait to see these hit the sales.

I will try to do a sale here on the CPK forum at 3:00 EST Thursday. Then it will be a few weeks before I can do more.

It's a tight little package and fairly thin and slicey with a relatively thin edge and narrow primary grinds designed for cutting performance. To me, the handle feels amazing, I think Lorien did a fantastic job on the design.

I know you know what benchmark I use to determine handle ergonomics...

I look forward to some professions pics when you get yours!

When I do get mine, the handle material will be a match to my dagger and the Field Knife. Because of the nature of the handle material, they will all look a bit different in color. The material is older than old. The scales for the dagger were harvested from the interior of a Westinghouse roll, the scales of the FK from exterior - and I imagine the same applies to the EDC scales. So the exposure for different periods of time to oxygen will be apparent in the shading of the tan material. I'll do imaging of the EDC by itself, with the FK and with the FK and dagger, once they are all together, Justin.

All the other pieces are or will be in black micarta. I'll probably do imaging of the black handled pieces each time one comes in.

Will that work for ya, Justin?:)

When I do get mine, the handle material will be a match to my dagger and the Field Knife. Because of the nature of the handle material, they will all look a bit different in color. The material is older than old. The scales for the dagger were harvested from the interior of a Westinghouse roll, the scales of the FK from exterior - and I imagine the same applies to the EDC scales. So the exposure for different periods of time to oxygen will be apparent in the shading of the tan material. I'll do imaging of the EDC by itself, with the FK and with the FK and dagger, once they are all together, Justin.

All the other pieces are or will be in black micarta. I'll probably do imaging of the black handled pieces each time one comes in.

Will that work for ya, Justin?:)

Oh yeah! You know I love that old Westinghouse. I bought all the other vintage Nathan put out after all!

I'm excited just thinking about it!

:thumbup: Sounds great, can't wait! I wonder how many will be offered?

I don't own a knife with a handle in that shape or those dimensions but trust you two that it wouldn't have ended up like that unless it worked. I look forward to picking one up, whether (hopefully) this Thursday or eventually.

Thanks Nathan, Jo, and Lorien. :thumbup:

Most excellent and personally- that cross draw sheath is the best. I could not of asked for a better combination.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! You know I love that old Westinghouse. I bought all the other vintage Nathan put out after all!

I'm excited just thinking about it!

A great decision on your part. I love that antique dark brown micarta second only to the Westinghouse, especially edgecut like it was. I should never have let that and the butterscotch field knife go. I regret it daily.

Back