Current model info for the EDC.

^^^ oh Lordie! ^^^

Any pricing info on the EDC please? G10 handle scales being an option for the first batch?

^^^ oh Lordie! ^^^

Any pricing info on the EDC please? G10 handle scales being an option for the first batch?

I'm struggling with that. It's smaller than the Field Knife so logically it should cost less. But the scales take just as long to make, the thinner primary grinds are actually more time consuming to cut because they're prone to deflection and require additional passes, the sheath is much more expensive and the grinding and heat treat are about the same. It does take less 3V and less time to deck and drill etc, and there is one less hole to ream. And the profiling is pretty simple.

When I started this my goal was something under $200, but the premium sheath sorta blew that out of the water. I haven't decided where to price this thing yet, so I guess if I'm doing a sale tomorrow I'd better figure that out, huh?

Yes, there will be black G10 from the start.

$235 seems like a very fair price, to me.

I'm struggling with that. It's smaller than the Field Knife so logically it should cost less. But the scales take just as long to make, the thinner primary grinds are actually more time consuming to cut because they're prone to deflection and require additional passes, the sheath is much more expensive and the grinding and heat treat are about the same. It does take less 3V and less time to deck and drill etc, and there is one less hole to ream. And the profiling is pretty simple.

When I started this my goal was something under $200, but the premium sheath sorta blew that out of the water. I haven't decided where to price this thing yet, so I guess if I'm doing a sale tomorrow I'd better figure that out, huh?

Yes, there will be black G10 from the start.

Wait! Sale tomorrow? What???😂

Love that handle... very similar to a Jarret Fleming Itty Bitty that I have, which I find very comfortable in a small EDC knife. The swell for the middle and ring fingers will give a great grip and locks that index in place. Excellent Nathan and Lorien:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Don't sell yourself short- That's a lot of knife for $235.

Like Tinbanger said "Ill do $235 for a micarta one right now!". :thumbup:

Before even Nate posted, I had a guesstimated range of $210 - $220 for micarta and +10 for G10, so I don't think that I'd be far off. To have kept it under $200 means a lot more and larger order from the suppliers which would translate to longer waits and delays. As long as the product is not rushed into to make it to the market, most people will chomp at the first chance to be early adopters on CPK and pay that very worthwhile 10% - 15% premium which come with smaller batches as opposed to larger supplies, larger preorders and longer delays.

I think Nathan could sell out anything he makes sub $300 right now, in about 3 seconds flat. I'll always opt for a reasonably higher price for quality right down to the fit and finish.

I am excited about the description of the sheath as premium. I already have more than a dozen CPKs in rattlers, I don't need any more.

Almost forgot to mention earlier, I really do like that vertical sheath for the EDC, looks tite and rite.

Sheath options:

[video=youtube;HiG_KqF06KY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiG_KqF06KY[/video]

Seriously Nathan! A sale tomorrow? You could have at least given me a heads up :rolleyes:. 2 sales 2 days and kitchen knife assembly... Are you trying to kill me? You are going to owe me big time. ;)

Can I have that one? :)

EDIT: another question, any particular reason you went with integral belt-clips rather than just holes spaced for accessory attachment?

Last edited:
Seriously Nathan! A sale tomorrow? You could have at least given me a heads up :rolleyes:. 2 sales 2 days and kitchen knife assembly... Are you trying to kill me? You are going to owe me big time. ;)

He meant Friday, right? Just lost track of the days?

do you even edc that bro?
:)

Lorien! I didn't mean anything bad toward the knife at all! The handle looks very ergonomic and comfy to me.

I was talking about that Bob Loveless quote. ;)

Back