Current model info for the EDC.

Actually Rick Lowe makes some cool looking sheaths. He can have his cookies if he comes back and shows us some of his work to go with these EDCs :thumbup:

Skinny, sharp, hard, slicey. I'm all over this. Missed out today; ah well. Will try again.

The handle design is quite interesting, but I don't see any exposition by Lorien regarding the design philosophy behind it. Most smaller knives have a relatively straight, or gently curved handle shape. But here we have a pronounced dog-leg. Given your holistic design concept, why is this one so different than the FK?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Skinny, sharp, hard, slicey. I'm all over this. Missed out today; ah well. Will try again.

The handle design is quite interesting, but I don't see any exposition by Lorien regarding the design philosophy behind it. Most smaller knives have a relatively straight, or gently curved handle shape. But here we have a pronounced dog-leg. Given your holistic design concept, why is this one so different than the FK?

Au contraire, there's definitely a philosophy behind its shape and careful what you wish for because if you find out about that "exposition", you may react in excitement or in horror :D

Skinny, sharp, hard.... just ask Lorien for some pics of his inspiration but please do so in a PM!

leverage was the goal, followed closely by the pursuit of an intuitive ergonomic interface.

What's that equation that was used?
Angle of the dangle times the heat of the ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will you continue to have Dan Crotts do sheaths for the edc? Being a huge Dozier fan that is added incentive to try(underlined) and get an edc. The sheaths are amazing if you've never been lucky enough to try one. I need to send my km-6 in for a vertical one, but it's hard cause I carry it almost everyday (if I could score one of these that might change😎😁)
Thanks, Neal

I have received my shipping notification for the EDC which I managed to score last Friday and I can't wait for this Wednesday / Thursday scheduled delivery. Thank you Jo / Nathan for the ever wonderfully prompt and no nonsense service in addition to your exemplary products.

Will you continue to have Dan Crotts do sheaths for the edc? Being a huge Dozier fan that is added incentive to try(underlined) and get an edc. The sheaths are amazing if you've never been lucky enough to try one. I need to send my km-6 in for a vertical one, but it's hard cause I carry it almost everyday (if I could score one of these that might change����)
Thanks, Neal

yes, for the foreseeable future. :thumbup:

Nathan, I hope you can offer kydex sheaths which accept large tek-lok for the field knife, for those who bought earlier. I like the Dozier quality - I kinda suspected it was by the Dozier/Crotts workshop. The earlier kydex sheaths for the Field Knife isn't very good TBH. It rattles and it's hard to thread a belt through it horizontally. I am deciding whether to get an aftermarket sheath, but at $50 and above for an extra sheath, it's a little painful.

thanks.

btw, is there a big difference between the older 3V heat treat and the Delta heat treat? I got mine last year.

Nathan, I hope you can offer kydex sheaths which accept large tek-lok for the field knife, for those who bought earlier.

Those are from David Brown @ Buy Brown. He still sells them, he probably has one in stock. Click here.

I like the Dozier quality - I kinda suspected it was by the Dozier/Crotts workshop. The earlier kydex sheaths for the Field Knife isn't very good TBH. It rattles and it's hard to thread a belt through it horizontally. I am deciding whether to get an aftermarket sheath, but at $50 and above for an extra sheath, it's a little painful.

JMHO, you are not likely to get a good quality sheath for less than $50. Going to another maker is likely more expensive and will require them to get a blank, or use your knife. Shipping back and forth alone to your location will cost a bunch. If you are interested in alternatives you can take a peek around the sub, we're working on having leather options made available by Sagewood. So far Sagewood has the FK available, and Brian is working on getting a blank for the EDC now. Will be double or more the cost of the factory one however.

btw, is there a big difference between the older 3V heat treat and the Delta heat treat? I got mine last year.

Quoting Nathan:

"If you have an old Field Knife don't feel bad like you're missing out, they had a very good heat treat and perform extremely well. The new heat treat achieves the same level of edge stability and edge retention with a higher degree of ultimate toughness. The old heat treat was already a very good performer (best in the industry) so unless you're cutting nails, most folks would not notice a difference."

OK, how/why is leverage more important in the EDC than the FK?

I assume that leverage is more important on the EDC since it's a smaller knife that people will want to do big things with.

(BTW, can't wait to get mine - should be in today's mail...)

OK, how/why is leverage more important in the EDC than the FK?

I don't recall comparing the two in that regard:confused:

it was primary consideration for this knife because it's small

... The earlier kydex sheaths for the Field Knife isn't very good TBH. It rattles and it's hard to thread a belt through it horizontally. I am deciding whether to get an aftermarket sheath, but at $50 and above for an extra sheath, it's a little painful...

Tooting my own horn here, and this doesn't relate to the EDC (won't work for integrated-loop sheaths), but my UKE 2.0 kit will solve your carry issues with the FK, may even solve the rattle problem, AND it will be substantially less expensive than a new sheath...
Just a few of the options can be seen in photos here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Field-Knife-Sheath-Dangler-or-Drop-Solutions

Details about the UKE are through a link in my sig-line. Dangler-style, low-ride, mid-ride, scout-carry, angled-carry - ALL are options with just this one piece of kit.

Here is a comparison shot with the edc i just got out of the mail box.

I really like the maroon, not too purple.

Back