• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom SAK modder - HAIII Alox and Ti conversions - Pic Heavy examples

Just got your Ti Knife build. Supreme quality and craftsmanship. I will keep up with this thread to learn of the 91mm blade upgrades you will offer someday:eek:

I am a Titanium addict. Heck, even my wedding ring is Ti w/gold.
My EDC Ti items have a new SAK Ti peer now!!!!

Last edited:
Hi there,

I know you must be swamped - I tried sending you a message but your inbox is full. Are you going to be taking requests again? I'll try re-sending if you can clear space.

Thanks!

Here's my latest. Super tinker with Ti-6-4 textured scales anodized blue. Brass liners and brass nubbed tweezers.

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

Here is a pic of my version compared to a standard super tinker. My version is thinner as I can drop the outer liners.

IMG_7461%20Medium.jpg

Here's my latest. Super tinker with Ti-6-4 textured scales anodized blue. Brass liners and brass nubbed tweezers.

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

Here is a pic of my version compared to a standard super tinker. My version is thinner as I can drop the outer liners.

IMG_7461%20Medium.jpg
Can you do a similar mod to a deluxe tinker only in your green ano alox? I am not a fan of the plastic scales but I love the deluxe tinker!

Sorry those are all gone. Ive got blade steel on the way though to make some, but Ive got to get myself a decent belt grinder first.

Awesome. I will keep an eye out for when you post here. The SAK fat blade spearpoint blade was a compromise for me as I really wanted your sheepsfoot fat blade. Please try some sheepsfoot and send one over my way !!!! :D

Best,
bigC

Hi Bob,
I wanted to suggest you can retrofit existing slip joint blades into your SAK builds. seems to be easier than starting from scratch.
Also, the FAT Blade SAK you did for me I made a U notch into the aluminum which helps me pull the blade out significantly better as seen here next to a SOG contractor ii sheepfoot blade.

Heck, removing the can opener its almost a 90% fit, but to make it snappy I have to put some spacers washers.

Hi Sir

I am sorry to post on this thread. Are you still doing modifications? I sent a email and a PM but I have not heard back. If you are not please let me know.

Thanks
Gabe

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

IMG_7461%20Medium.jpg

How did I miss this.

My Super Tink now needs this.

Hi Sir

I am sorry to post on this thread. Are you still doing modifications? I sent a email and a PM but I have not heard back. If you are not please let me know.

Thanks
Gabe

Sorry Im running behind on quotes. Just getting caught up now, and I think I did reply to your email.

Cheers

Hi, I was looking to get a custom SAK classic made with polished Ti scales similar to the one in this post: http://imgur.com/a/8cWJn
I was very impressed with the ability to keep the tweezers and toothpick slots.
Please let me know if you are able to help me!
Thanks

Impressive craftmanship...

How much is the cost including shipping if i order this item sak.jpg

Anyone know what happened to Syph007? Or does anyone know of someone else doing sak mods?

Back