Database Error...

This issue is really getting old. I am paying for a service that I can't use. Please, Please get this fixed.

So this seems to be getting worse, not better. Today, while trying to edit a post, I got the following:

This webpage is not available.

The connection was interrupted.

Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Anyone else get this (around 6:30-45pm)?

This webpage is not available
Reload
Hide details
Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.bladeforums.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

...you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

That was my first inclination, but photobucket, email, and everything else was working just fine. Reloading didn't work either; neither did clearing cookies and history and restarting computer. I waited about 45 minutes, and the forum was back up. Not sure what's going on...

Sorry, it's them, not us...

It is gettin' kinda old...

It seems to happen when you're idle on the page. (As in, looking at other stuff on da interwebz) When I get back to BF and refresh the page, that's when it pops up. (Or down, if you will)

When I close the tab and come back later, it'll load OK again, most of the time.

Partially responsible for my absence lately, I just didn't feel like dealing with it.

I thought new servers were in the works, part of the reasoning for the membership increases.

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
• Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.bladeforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

yes, this is an issue. But I find it strange for so many members to actually talk like as a group they are being shorted on paid services. This site offers more value than ANY site I am aware of. With the shear numbers of members, , many of which pay nothing, ( that is the real issue) I find it sad anyone would act as it they are getting cheated or losing any money based on the actual price paid per member. The system supports all members, those that "ride free" and have over 10,000 post , to those that pay a higher rate and seldom use the service. The owner, Kevin, has allowed access to All members and "given" entire forums that produce no revenue. I know of no other place that offers so much, gives the members the freedoms found here, devotes entire forums to groups both small and large and covers and protects members Worldwide. Keep in mind that the Exchange, is free once a membership is obtained. Meaning regardless of transactions numbers a single small fee is charged. Think about what other sites charge, vs. what they offer, Fleabay ?? Kevin could likely fix and pay for upgraded equipment if everyone paid something, many here don't pay a cent, charged a per transaction fee, and did a scum move like some sites, where you are forced to pay certain penalty fees to remain a member.
With the numbers of "freeloaders" here, it's clear where the lack of funds come from. I will say this, unless you pay your way, stop complaining and hope no one points you out, otherwise realize that by not supporting the site, you are part of the problem. And if you think the site is worthless,the owner has email and pm ,I imagine Kevin, ( Spark) would prefer it that way. Everything in life cost money, this site is no exception.

It is your characterization as "complaining." As for me, it seems like Spark would want to know the extent to which the site he gives us is down. Site unavailability does not help Spark or any of those who pay to support the forums. Or we can just pretend.

So does anyone know the cause of this problem? This is the first time I've been able to access bladeforums in over a week.

I have been keeping track and it has been every single night that it goes down for me lately. It's at the point I just use it in the morning and abandon it the rest of the day.

Yep, every night (and sometimes during the day, too). Is anyone working on this? My wife does IT Admin (servers, security, websites, etc.), and she is expected to have everything running 99.975% of the time. Anything below that and she's out of a job. If BF was her baby, she'd have been fired 10 days ago... Just sayin'.

Seems like it is getting worse. I get the error screen more and ore often, and it seems to be lasting an hour recently!

For me it is every day at ~1:15pm (GMT +8). I get the occasional fail here and there through the rest for the afternoon or morning, but like clock work it's off for about 45mins or so every day at the same time.

For me it is every day at ~1:15pm (GMT +8). I get the occasional fail here and there through the rest for the afternoon or morning, but like clock work it's off for about 45mins or so every day at the same time.

As usual down for 45-60 minutes at 9pm PT (GMT -8 hours).

Yep. 11:00pm Central.
I get the database error, look at the clock, and realize it's about time for bed, anyway. (It's been kind of helpful;) )

Was there an outage last night at 0000 EST?

We're making backend changes to eliminate some of the suspect problems and have escalated this at the provider level to see if it's something they are doing (as opposed to something I've done)

BF was down for about 30-45 minutes at around 9:30pm EST. Not a Database Error just no connection.

Back