DEK2

I attach the clips on the edge side regardless of pancake or otherwise. I prefer the draw from left side appendix that way, (and pocket when I do carry in pocket).

That said, I've been dropped on my head a few times and I was a forceps baby...so take what I say with a large measure of salt.

I don't like the taco.

I like the concept. But the pancake usually works better.

We don't get very many customer complaints about the pancake sheaths, but the tacos are a mixed lot.

I agree with this sentiment. I am drawn to the more minimalist footprint of the taco. The problem I have experienced with them is increased fit tension and blade scratching just above the secondary edge grind when any of the metal mounting clips are added because they tend to pinch or deform the kydex at the knife edge.

I‘ll stick to pancake if I want kydex and go with leather if I want a taco.

YMMV!

Phil

Roland, I don't have any pants with that large a "watch pocket". 🤣

(I mostly wear Duluth cargo pants...when I'm not wearing sweats. It's good to be retired and living in an area where cargo pants are normal.)

Only wear cargo pants on date-night, E. Then I do the same as you .....

i-2Mzx6LB-X3.jpg

i-6jMDW6w-X3.jpg

(sorry, only a lowly DEK1. I'm skipping the DEK2 ....)

in your pants?!
Don't laugh...I was kind of used to having recording devices under my clothing for a while.

Kels, Nagras, and various other recording and transmitting devices while I worked UC on organized crime and outlaw motorcycle gangs early in my career.

This is what it felt like going into meetings with that equipment back then...

its_always_sunny_in_philadelphia_season_3_episode_14_41_f880.jpg

Sorry to disappoint... never have had a mullet. I wasn't pretending to be one of them. I was (pretending to be) a crooked fed whom they were bribing for favors and looking the other way.

Pretending. Not really crooked. Hope that's clear. :eek: o_O 🤣

DEK 2 in the taco carries great in the right front pocket of my Duluth cargo pants. Easy access, and can't feel the weight from the way it is suspended with the DCC.

I normally carry appendix, but at least in this clothing, pocket trumps it.

(It's funny how the little things make such a difference. :cool: )

Back