DEK3

slapped this sheath together over the past couple of days so now I can wander around and cut different things in different ways. I do giggle to myself a little when chopping at shrubs with the spine side down- man does it cut though!
8wOZ5vW.jpg

loving this knife. It's a little handle heavy, which is good because that gives Nathan some leeway to dial the balance in just right

slapped this sheath together over the past couple of days so now I can wander around and cut different things in different ways. I do giggle to myself a little when chopping at shrubs with the spine side down- man does it cut though!
8wOZ5vW.jpg

loving this knife. It's a little handle heavy, which is good because that gives Nathan some leeway to dial the balance in just right
That looks awesome!

So blade options at Nathan's pleasure, but let's speculate on the damages
1. unsharpened false edge
2. unsharpened false edge with dagger tip
3. sharpened false edge not coming all the way to the tip(as pictured now)
4. full dagger grind

This is going to be so very expensive

So blade options at Nathan's pleasure, but let's speculate on the damages
1. unsharpened false edge
2. unsharpened false edge with dagger tip
3. sharpened false edge not coming all the way to the tip(as pictured now)
4. full dagger grind

This is going to be so very expensive

o and I forgot about 1.(and no.3?) with and without the penetrator tip

all those options could be explored for sure

my studio/workshop, like most folks, is the garage. It's been a work in progress for years and it's always been annoying that I've known for so long how I want it to be, yet never have enough time at a time to make big enough dent to get things squared away. Well, now that my employment situation has changed, I have the time I need to really dial in my workspace. The end is in sight, finally, and I think there will be a fair number of knife designs and leather goods see the light of day in due course

it made me a little sad, sending DEK3 away today, but also excited because I think you will love it!

if DEK1 were a hunting rifle, DEK2 would be a shotgun. DEK3 is James Bond's little pistol

.125" and probably around 7"?
it's super nimble, handle is very svelte
So the overall length will be around 7 inches ?
Or is the blade length probably around 7 inches ?
From what ive seen of this knife imo its a real looker and seems like it will be a excellent outdoors/EDC knife ! Keep up the great work !

So... about those kitchen knives.... I'm in the market for some seriously awesome cutlery for everyday kitchen use... I agree that a slightly larger blade than the current 7" blade discussed would be welcome. I find that I've really started to prefer an 8-9" knife for most of my kitchen tasks. For anything smaller, a pairing knife is used, and if I need a larger blade knife than 8-9" it's either for carving a large piece of meat or cutting fish. Every other task takes a specialty blade (typically a fillet knife or a cleaver).

Last edited:
Back