1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Desperados Waiting for a Train

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Mar 22, 2019.

1. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Glad you liked it Greg, it's dry stuff but it gives some insight to the process and the Mickey Mouse Operation you're dealing with!!:D

The cool blue stuff works ridiculously well but is messy and stains the blade. I'm gonna order some of the reusable putty type stuff and see how that works.

mitch4ging and Scott Hanson like this.
  2. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    I think I may as well, let me know what think of it.

mitch4ging likes this.
  3. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    [​IMG]

The cheesy music tops off the tacky video perfectly lol.

They're all soldered up, I can't promise they'll all turn out like this one but I'm gonna do my best.

Pinemoon, TPVT, Mack and 3 others like this.
  4. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Solder joint is looking good.

lessismore likes this.
  5. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    fantastic

lessismore likes this.
  6. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    2 more and then on to handles.
    20190528_103319-01.jpeg
    [​IMG]

Pinemoon, TPVT, Rupestris and 2 others like this.
  7. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    That looks familiar...:eek:
    HAN.jpg :D

Looking good, John!

dc50, lessismore and TPVT like this.
  8. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Ha! Enter the Dragon? I love me some Bruce Lee movies but the titles all run together in my head.

mitch4ging likes this.
  9. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    You are correct, sir!

dc50 and lessismore like this.
  10. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    How I talk to my Fit and Finish goals....

20190528_171134-02.jpeg

Melvin-Purvis, Mack, TPVT and 2 others like this.
  11. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Give 'em hell, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I don't think anyone could do better!

dc50, lessismore, Mack and 1 other person like this.
  12. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    That's #5 above, they all turned out pretty nice. I'm sure you guys are tired of pics of soldering. I'll get these taped up and the front spacers on.

mitch4ging likes this.
  13. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Looking good John

lessismore likes this.
  14. Mack

Mack Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    What the heck makes you think we're tired of seeing this stuff? I'm sure as hell not tired of it.

15. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Ok good, I dont want it to feel redundant. I enjoy every detail of the process but know that not everyone shares my craziness!

Mack and mitch4ging like this.
  16. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Keep it up!
    Appreciate the time your taking to document/share all this.
    That blade profile is damn sexy :p

Mack and lessismore like this.
  17. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    This will sound menial, but these boxes are worth their weight in gold and have made a huge difference in the shop.
    20190529_092952-01.jpeg

All guards are soldered and finished, front spacers are fit up flush. I'll get these taped and start the leather stack. I'll be making one block and cutting it into eight sections.

Pinemoon, gunspease and Mack like this.
  18. Mack

Mack Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I wish more new knife knuts would see threads like this. It would sure help them understand the work that you knife manglers put into the knives we love.

19. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    I really enjoy the pictures I don’t feel like you can post too many.

Pinemoon and Mack like this.
  20. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Stacked Leather Part One is uploading to the YouTube. Basically just me rambling awkwardly, but might be Interesting if ya like stacked leather.

mitch4ging likes this.