1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Desperados Waiting for a Train

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Mar 22, 2019.

1. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    I say 'butt' a lot in this rambler.

2. Mack

Mack Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    That is looking really nice. Exactly what I had hoped to see.

Pinemoon and mitch4ging like this.
  3. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm anxious to see the denim polished up, think it will be nice!

Acronyms....never had too many in the Army!:mad::rolleyes: best one was BOHICA, though I doubt it was limited to the military.

dc50 and Pinemoon like this.
  4. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    EDC is like nails on the chalkboard to me for some reason. There was an acronym thread here that would make your head spin!

This blue denim is gonna finish out nice.

5. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Organized chaos.
    20190607_133355-01.jpeg

6. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Could you give mine some vitamins or a Power Bar? Maybe some sun. It looks pale and malnourished next to #2 and #3. :p

7. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    This whole build series has been quite informative. (that's my way of saying it's cool...) :cool:

Pinemoon, Mack and mitch4ging like this.
  8. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Ha, little baby cubs gettin ready for the world.
    I'm glad to hear that Shel. I know the videos are pretty terrible but I think hey give some insight, be that good or bad I dont know.

Mack likes this.
  9. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Lookin' lovely...
    Cool to see the progression :thumbsup:
    That profile really is a neat design.
    The sheaths are something I'm getting excited about, too. Is it too early to talk about those? Color ??

10. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Never too early. What's on your mind?

As far as construction I'm thinking about the kind that has a loop that alows ambidextrous horizontal carry, or an X back that let's you ride vertical or horizontal.

If I remember right @Rupestris gave the ok for something different with the sheath. I'm gonna experiment with some texturing (using a concrete paver).

None of that probably makes any sense but it's clear as mud in my messy head!

Pinemoon, Mack and Rupestris like this.
  11. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Yep. Have at it. Something that resembles the thumpling would be cool. As would the X back:thumbsup:.

Mack likes this.
  12. Mack

Mack Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Please, please say oxblood. :)

The Rupe is, as usual, quite correct.

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  13. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Yeah, the X-back sounds versatile :thumbsup: Gets my vote.
    Texturing is cool too.
    Color is something I'm not sure on right now. Gonna have to see the finished knife first.
    Earlier you mentioned the Montana pitch blend, or something like that. That'll darken the leather handle some??? Got any examples on other knives??

14. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    The pitch blend is just an oil conditioner, it will darken the leather but won't really color it.

Brown with a little British tan dye gives a really warm tone. I like the edges dark towards and the center a bit lighter, it kind of gives it a worn look.

Pinemoon likes this.
  15. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    #8 peened.
    IMG_20190609_201114_881.jpg
    Spread from .10" to .175"

16. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    "........like you mean it "!:cool::thumbsup:

dc50, Pinemoon and Rupestris like this.
  17. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
  18. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    lessismore, Melvin-Purvis and Mack like this.
  19. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    That’s a nice looking butt you got there.

20. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    :eek:

lessismore likes this.