Desperados Waiting for a Train

Could you give mine some vitamins or a Power Bar? Maybe some sun. It looks pale and malnourished next to #2 and #3. :p
Ha, little baby cubs gettin ready for the world.
This whole build series has been quite informative. (that's my way of saying it's cool...) :cool:
I'm glad to hear that Shel. I know the videos are pretty terrible but I think hey give some insight, be that good or bad I dont know.

Lookin' lovely...
Cool to see the progression :thumbsup:
That profile really is a neat design.
The sheaths are something I'm getting excited about, too. Is it too early to talk about those? Color ??

Lookin' lovely...
Cool to see the progression :thumbsup:
That profile really is a neat design.
The sheaths are something I'm getting excited about, too. Is it too early to talk about those? Color ??
Never too early. What's on your mind?

As far as construction I'm thinking about the kind that has a loop that alows ambidextrous horizontal carry, or an X back that let's you ride vertical or horizontal.

If I remember right Rupestris Rupestris gave the ok for something different with the sheath. I'm gonna experiment with some texturing (using a concrete paver).

None of that probably makes any sense but it's clear as mud in my messy head!

Yep. Have at it. Something that resembles the thumpling would be cool. As would the X back:thumbsup:.

Yeah, the X-back sounds versatile :thumbsup: Gets my vote.
Texturing is cool too.
Color is something I'm not sure on right now. Gonna have to see the finished knife first.
Earlier you mentioned the Montana pitch blend, or something like that. That'll darken the leather handle some??? Got any examples on other knives??

The pitch blend is just an oil conditioner, it will darken the leather but won't really color it.

Brown with a little British tan dye gives a really warm tone. I like the edges dark towards and the center a bit lighter, it kind of gives it a worn look.

Back