Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Buck 110

IMG_49361.JPG

Repairing pipes at my well after a freeze... Had to splice in a new section of PVC pipe. All done (with ease) by the Vic Farmer. It's also used for trimming small sprouting branches off the trees in the yard, etc
830228E4-8597-42A3-9C5B-DABC74AE4DC7_zpskgdkmkt4.jpg

Getting ready to go to work (hard to get a working shot with a camera in one hand and a knife in the other!) OH

IMG_5139.JPG

I modified the title to make it clear in which forum this thread is located.
(It's an "ounce of prevention" thing)

I used my mini copperlock (work edc) today to cut the 2"ridged insulation to fit between the floor joists of the 4 season room addition I am working on.

I have, on several occasions, sharpened a pencil with a knife in the presence of young people. They seemed shocked. The idea that this was even possible did not occur to them!

Some of them even called friends over to see the amazing performance!

I have, on several occasions, sharpened a pencil with a knife in the presence of young people. They seemed shocked. The idea that this was even possible did not occur to them!

Some of them even called friends over to see the amazing performance!

With your whittlin' skills I bet it looked like it had been machine sharpened. ;) It sure is different from my youth. Every boy had a slipjoint in his pocket and no one gave it a second thought.

quick snack before my wife makes me go back out to the garden...it's hot out there.
Nothing better than a wide spear (#85) to do PBJ's.

Switched out the Charlow for the 57 to help my wife re-fabric a couple of chairs. I thought on father's day I would get to rest a bit. The hardest part was getting Adalynn to stop eating peanut butter while climbing on it. :D

Last edited:
Nice pics guys, but why do we need two threads about exactly the same thing, especially when the other thread is long-running and popular? :confused:
Yeah really should keep abreast of what's going on Jack, The result of a long absence I'm afraid. Did have a discussion with Knarfeng regarding forum etiquette on such matters, who seemed unbothered by the whole thing and happy to let it run in the interest of refreshing the idea. But yeah, in modern-day parlance, which I hate...."my bad".

Usually when I am in the heat of battle versus a recalcitrant envelope or particularly resistant piece of packing tape, I just forget to whip out the old camera. Sometimes I don't even remember what I use my pocket knives for. Just this morning I cleaned up some sticky stuff off of my most often carried pair and gave them a good stropping to get the edges back in shape, but I couldn't tell you what specifically over the past week or so I used them for to get them in that state.

I know for a fact, though, that I opened at least two packages that came in the mail, cut down some cardboard boxes to go into the trash can, and cut the little nylon push-through thingies they use to put all of those labels on pants, since I bought several new pair of pants this week.

It was pretty eventful all around. I should hire a photographer to follow me around to capture all of the excitement. I've got a couple of apples in the fridge so you can bet there's going to be something happening in the near future! :D

Usually when I am in the heat of battle versus a recalcitrant envelope or particularly resistant piece of packing tape, I just forget to whip out the old camera. Sometimes I don't even remember what I use my pocket knives for. Just this morning I cleaned up some sticky stuff off of my most often carried pair and gave them a good stropping to get the edges back in shape, but I couldn't tell you what specifically over the past week or so I used them for to get them in that state.

I know for a fact, though, that I opened at least two packages that came in the mail, cut down some cardboard boxes to go into the trash can, and cut the little nylon push-through thingies they use to put all of those labels on pants, since I bought several new pair of pants this week.

It was pretty eventful all around. I should hire a photographer to follow me around to capture all of the excitement. I've got a couple of apples in the fridge so you can bet there's going to be something happening in the near future! :D

Love it John! What an exciting week you've had. This is just the sort of drama I am interested in. You really should make more of an effort to document this stuff though, for the sake of posterity and all. Enjoy your apples and keep living the dream my friend. :thumbup: :D

Back