Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Looks tasty Phil :thumbup: I used my Joseph Haywood to cut up some freshly-baked (not by me) focaccia for a picnic lunch :)

Jack, that focaccia looks tasty too!

fishhunter, I usually like to order my pizza boneless!

You guys are killing me! I have to fix some lunch! :eek::D:eek:
(I think it's my Taramundi's turn to help prepare a meal.)

- GT

Only boneless pizza I ever get is what I make myself. Everyone else leaves a bone around the outside edge.

Off topic, but speaking of bones, does anyone have a good, authentic recipy for Hard Tack?

My #23 helped clean up dinner tonight:D👍🏻 I've really taken to that bubinga wood, the more it's used the darker and smoother it gets:D

My Victorinox Electrician helped me open this shandy. :D

dpQaaU6.jpg

I had a similar experience, Dadpool. Different knife (Vic Tinker), different beverage (porter), same result: bottle opened, thirst quenched! :D

JfMyiILl.jpg

- GT

Used my barlow to slice up the shallots and green onions to go in these crab stuffed portabellas for dinner tonight!

IMG_4763_zps9kyfdapz.jpg~original

Looks tasty Phil :thumbup: I used my Joseph Haywood to cut up some freshly-baked (not by me) focaccia for a picnic lunch :)

Both look amazing guys!

I had a little help at lunch with my smokies and watermelon.

20150701_115129.jpg

Thanks Mike :) I see you're busy drinking Canada dry ;)

Earl helped me make chilli this afternoon :thumbup:

Thanks Mike :) I see you're busy drinking Canada dry ;)

Earl helped me make chilli this afternoon :thumbup:

I'm into my 7th decade, but I don't remember hearing that obvious Canada Dry joke before; good one, Jack! :p:p
Good to see that EARL volunteered to make himself useful while he's your guest. The chili looks delicious (although I must admit that I've never met a bowl of chili I didn't like). :thumbup::thumbup:

- GT

I'm into my 7th decade, but I don't remember hearing that obvious Canada Dry joke before; good one, Jack! :p:p
Good to see that EARL volunteered to make himself useful while he's your guest. The chili looks delicious (although I must admit that I've never met a bowl of chili I didn't like). :thumbup::thumbup:

I can't claim the joke is original my friend, indeed it may have a few years on your good self, but I never miss an opportunity to repeat it! :D

Thanks again, Earl is certainly earning his keep :thumbup:

I fixed a funny old drawer today- three hand-cut dovetail pins in front and one big dovetail in back. I glued the big one in back and whittled toothpicks into shims with my Boker to tighten up the loose joint. Later it did the fine fitting of a sheet vinyl floor.
Mv9gvSjF

Last edited:
I had a similar experience, Dadpool. Different knife (Vic Tinker), different beverage (porter), same result: bottle opened, thirst quenched! :D

JfMyiILl.jpg

- GT

Nice SAK and I must compliment your choice of porter. Eddy is a particular favorite of mine. Are you from around the CLE area?

Nice SAK and I must compliment your choice of porter. Eddy is a particular favorite of mine. Are you from around the CLE area?

Thank you, Doctor! :):) Not from Cleveland, but Michigan is "The Great Lakes State", so I suppose I have a natural affinity for Great Lakes Brewing Co. products. I have to confess that my taste for porter is quite indiscriminate; I've never met a porter (or stout) I didn't like. :rolleyes::p

- GT

Back