Dipping My Toe Into 3 Axis Machining...

Endela/Military PROMOD... and a couple pics of both the Delica/Militia and Endela/Military...

DSC_4374.JPGDSC_4386.JPGDSC_4390.JPGDSC_4388.JPGDSC_4394.JPGDSC_4395.JPGDSC_4399.JPGDSC_4400.JPG

Haven't created a 3D CAM file as yet for the Endura. As a one man band I constantly get pulled in too many directions at times.

File creation can't take shop time as shop time pays the bills. The biggest problem is free time has been totally absent of late or usurped by life in general.

I'm not really a fan of the layered G10 but the supply chain disruption Covid has created forced the use of some 1X1 layered blue/black G10 as it had the thickness necessary for 3D PROMOD Endela/Military scales...

aMB7UrI.jpg

qoOxPB5.jpg

Ulx8IrJ.jpg

Tu5kfji.jpg

ujexvLN.jpg

podHjUf.jpg

TRvZusw.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the layered G10 but the supply chain disruption Covid has created forced the use of some 1X1 layered blue/black G10 as it had the thickness necessary for 3D PROMOD Endela/Military scales...

aMB7UrI.jpg

qoOxPB5.jpg

Ulx8IrJ.jpg

Tu5kfji.jpg

ujexvLN.jpg

podHjUf.jpg

TRvZusw.jpg
I like the layered G10 personally. Nice work!

aMB7UrI.jpg

qoOxPB5.jpg

Ulx8IrJ.jpg

Tu5kfji.jpg

ujexvLN.jpg

podHjUf.jpg

TRvZusw.jpg

That turned out pretty slick!

How do you think your machine would handle rubber? I'm not a fan of layered G10 usually either, but I'm a bit curious how something like SureTouch (G10/rubber mix) would turn out.

That turned out pretty slick!

How do you think your machine would handle rubber? I'm not a fan of layered G10 usually either, but I'm a bit curious how something like SureTouch (G10/rubber mix) would turn out.
I'm not at all certain how it would machine. I've run across SureTouch G10 online however I never gave it much consideration.

It is available in 1X1 and 2X2 layering and the 3/16" thickness is what is needed for my full contour designs. With two sided indexed machining the larger 5X10 sheet offered is necessary and exactly double the cost of regular G10. Watched a video of a testimonial and I would certainly give the material a try if I received a request...

I'm not at all certain how it would machine. I've run across SureTouch G10 online however I never gave it much consideration.

It is available in 1X1 and 2X2 layering and the 3/16" thickness is what is needed for my full contour designs. With two sided indexed machining the larger 5X10 sheet offered is necessary and exactly double the cost of regular G10. Watched a video of a testimonial and I would certainly give the material a try if I received a request...

Well shoot... I'm all out of Delicas that need scales, lol. If at some point you decide you want to give making Sage 5 LW scales a go... I'll have a SureTouch project for you.

In the meantime, if you want a sheet of SureTouch to play with, let me know and I'll send one your way. :)

Delica full contour orange TeroTuf scales and back spacer...

sUJDp5r.jpg

bGb9oTI.jpg

rE1RKQX.jpg

fUZCHxb.jpg

1dzQdDQ.jpg

Those look great Steve, I'm stoked! I have a backup HAP40 Wharncliffe I'm going to throw them on. Should make for a heck of a work knife. :)

After fooling around a bit in PhotoShop with reprofiling the Delica and Endela Wharncliffe blades... I pulled the trigger today and actually worked on an Endela FFG blade. Although I'm partial to a Wharncliffe profile I am not a fan of the igloo'esque shape Spyderco came up with for the Delica and Endela.

TXV7eRx.jpg

WanIJ5p.jpg

KZAdRIt.jpg

7PTFCU5.jpg

Q19bunP.jpg

c4Bummq.jpg

khdCCq5.jpg

Back