Dirk Pinkerton knife GIVEAWAY contest! (damascus this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:love-struck::eek: Thats epic

Even more great responses!

OK, here is the picture I promised.

DSCN0939.jpg

Just a little under two weeks to go. 11 days and counting. Keep the entries coming!

How about simply

Abyss

It's from the quote in my sig line below.

After multiple trips to bad places as an infantryman, I realized that I had become a little bit of a "monster".

That little blade is one that I wouldn't mind fighting monsters with. It's freaking nice.

How about simply

Abyss

It's from the quote in my sig line below.

After multiple trips to bad places as an infantryman, I realized that I had become a little bit of a "monster".

That little blade is one that I wouldn't mind fighting monsters with. It's freaking nice.

A fellow Georgian. Welcome.

I'd call it the "Raptor's Edge"

A little pic and quote to accompany it. When I saw that blade it reminded me of the claw and this quote from Jurassic Park:

"Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no no. He slashes at you here... or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know... try to show a little respect."

DSC00162.jpg

I have too many favorite quotes, the one I most recently have taken a liking to is is from Henry V (1598) by Billy Shakespeare:

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;"

You can take it a couple of ways - persistence, courage. Alot of personal struggles that I've been through and I've tried to keep this mentality. Coming from a poor family, being adopted and all the emotional mess that comes with that, getting your girlfriend pregnant at 16. I've overcome all of those and have a wonderful life with my wife (prior girlfriend) and kids (our first plus one more) and applied myself hard in school while working 2 full time jobs and we have our own house and live pretty well. Just my way of showing persistance.

Name suggestion: I'd simply call it "Fang" because it looks like one to me due to the shallow inward curvature compared to most claw / hawkbill blades.

Favorite Quote: "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" : I'm not sure of the actual origin of it, though I hear it came from the military. One "Answers.com" entry says that it came from "Sergeant Alvin York from the "Lost Batallion" in World War 1" . I first heard the saying from one of my sergeants during range training. It means to take your time and move/take action only as fast as you can, safely and efficiently. It also applies as far as training over time goes. You start slow and smooth and speed will come naturally later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back