Disliked knife brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt benchmade is happy. They are part of the website and I will never speak good of them again. People will read these posts and old threads. Benchmade will lose more then me when people reconsider a knife purchase.

Or they'll read your posts--all of them--and buy a Benchmade.
It's been a while since I bought a Benchmade (last one was a Vicar; very nice knife)...I think the next knife I buy will be a Benchmade. :thumbup:

I forgot about Jason Brous. His appearance and demeanor alone give me douche chills.

Or they'll read your posts--all of them--and buy a Benchmade.
It's been a while since I bought a Benchmade (last one was a Vicar; very nice knife)...I think the next knife I buy will be a Benchmade. :thumbup:

Agreed. If anything, needler420 makes me want to buy a Benchmade. If he dislikes them, they must be great . . .

Agreed. If anything, needler420 makes me want to buy a Benchmade. If he dislikes them, they must be great . . .

That Anthem looks like it'll be interesting.
Solid block of milled-out titanium for the handle, and a new implementation of the AXIS lock that uses a coil spring instead of Omega springs. :)
It's gonna be expensive, but it looks to be in line with the price of other solid titanium handle knives.

I might be getting a cheaper offering though. :D

That Anthem looks like it'll be interesting.
Solid block of milled-out titanium for the handle, and a new implementation of the AXIS lock that uses a coil spring instead of Omega springs. :)
It's gonna be expensive, but it looks to be in line with the price of other solid titanium handle knives.

I might be getting a cheaper offering though. :D

Funny that mention it; after looking through the new models that was the one I decided I'd probably try out when they're available.

I never liked SOG's folders but I sure do want to get a SOG Seal Pup sometime soon.

Also Gerber has some pretty crappy stuff like Bear Grilles, but I had a Gerber multi tool that was good and I was pissed when somebody stole it, I will probably buy another Gerber multi tool in the future, but not really interested in their knives.

Emerson, strider, and zt are companies that that don't make anything that I like ( other than one kind of cool fixed blade from one of them )
I also don't like the Chinese made Gerber products ( not great at all ) but find their American made products to be perfectly fine.
And lastly I'm not big on a lot of what Kershaw has to offer, though I'm sure they can make something I'd like .

Why must these kind of negative threads get started? All they display is hatred and personal attacks, it just sees inflammatory at best and not very helpful at all.

I'm a little pissed off at some of these comments. Many (like Quartermaster), are just good people doing their best to produce substandard products (possibly dangerous to the user). Maybe they have to fib a little (minor white lies) about origin of manufacture, actual content material, and, well, lie about anything really that has to do about their business. But hey, it's not like any one of us wouldn't do the exact same thing. [emoji16]. I actually envy them. I heard they have a sweet three story museum. Also in the discussion, please separate Mantis from QM. They are both amazing, and have so much to give the world individually.

Mantis is simply amazing and cutting edge. Who wouldn't love a company that produces this..........over half pound, 6" closed, pocket lobster? And with an only 2" blade, is legal in much of the world. Now that's progressive thought, design, and planning if I've ever seen it.

2wbw0g6.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

DDR Handtech Made. I still have to send the unexcusable knife I bought off them for warrenty work.

Emerson and Strider carch alot of flak. I love Emerson, never owned a strider but like some of their designs.

Benchmade. Worst customer service and warranty process I ever went through. Since then it has become a brand I avoid.

I have taken interest in cold steel lately. At least I know what to expect.

Aren't you the kid that claims he had SAKs opening up in his pants pocket on several occasions, I'm surprised that they also didn't make your list to avoid.

Gerber. They make a half way decent multi-tool (MP600) but most of their folding knives are....well, for lack of a better term....lacking.

Complaints about Benchmade's customer service is very surprising. I had multiple unique issues that were addressed way above my expectations or experiences. Their customer service is excellent.
The MAP issue does warrant criticism but does not undo all the good things their customers enjoy.

Many of the companies mentioned deserve the critical feedback they received in this thread. Shape up and we will be back. It really is a great opportunity. These companies are still operating. They can turn it around.

I dont care for Gerber and SOG but thats just because of the quality they put out these days, My only qualm with Benchmade is the same I have with Microtech.....STOP pushing OTF's as a military or law enforcement knife! This is irresponsible marketing. To market one as a tool that should be relied upon to save your life or another is careless.

Kershaw Gerber opinel. Glorified junk. The others are just an annoyance

I never liked SOG's folders but I sure do want to get a SOG Seal Pup sometime soon.

Also Gerber has some pretty crappy stuff like Bear Grilles, but I had a Gerber multi tool that was good and I was pissed when somebody stole it, I will probably buy another Gerber multi tool in the future, but not really interested in their knives.
I've got a seal pup on my hip right now, and it's a pretty good edc fixed blade though I wish it was a plain edge. I find the blade kind of mall ninja-ish looking but I actually don't mind. I wouldn't pay more than 35$ for one though.

I'm surprised to see Kershaw get so much hate, Kershaw Blur is a nice knife, you can always get them on sale for like $40.00.

I know this is mentioned but Strider i think is a decent knife, but it is overpriced. The fit and finish is below average I would say. the design is odd with the gumby shaped handle and a blade that for some reason cuts directly through the lanyard hole. I've had two Strider SNG a couple years ago, and both required playing with the pivot, lock stick, even the Strider logo was double stamped. it just generally wasn't a knife that you marvel at its construction and attention to detail, and for $400 it really needs to be.

I've moved on since then and only keep knives I'll use and don't go over $200 because the diminishing returns once you get north of that price for folders isn't worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back