Disliked knife brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
clones/cloners - Ganzo, aliexpress, dhgate etc. people sell them as the real thing and rip people off. steel is always whatever they have laying around regardless of what they say. poor quality usually. use other designs to sell there stuff.

crkt - bad quality and gimmicks

boker - bad quality

SOG - junk

Gerber - junk

Bark River - Amazing looking knives - grinding that affects the heat treat (look up cliff stamp)

quartermaster- lies bad quality made in China but they print USA made on it and lots more issues

Mantis - same junk as quartermaster but bottom of barrel quality and marketing lies

benchmade - due to poor fit and finish at high prices

cold steel - bad warranty and often break despite there heavy use marketing lies to sell the knives.

Medford - a prybar made by someone who doesnt use knives

Strider - the knife blade is actually really well built and put through paces, but its not pocket friendly and lets not forget stolen vaylor

Microtech - stolen several knife designs, makes them "art" and has bad warranty

Brous - i like some designs that are legit, but he has cloned designs also.

Ken Onion Design - recurves - its like they are almost all re-curves, i hate sharpening recurves. the other half are made in china at low quality from various manufactures. (not all are hated tho)

probably a few more. most anything made in China at low quality. (I like high quality original designed Chinese made knives tho)

Bob Loveless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read the thread. A lot of people were on my side. Hence why benchmade gave a gift certificate. Which I told them that is not their warranty. Their warranty states they will "repair" or "replace the knife. They didn't do either. They stated the knife was $50 new when it came out in 1985 so they gave me a $75 dollar benchmade gift certificate.

Just because you don't agree with me others did.

It was a wakeup call for people who have old discontinued models. They might not get repaired.

Benchmade also kept my knife. Other members on here got a gift certificate issued and got to keep their broken knife. Not me.

I also don't know what you're talking about Sal and spyderco. Me and my dad have bought plenty of their knives with no issues. Benchmade was the only knife I ever sent in for warranty.

I brought up spyderco because Sal takes care of his clients and is actively participate with his fans.

People even said in that thread benchmade hurt their reputation the way they handled it.

Should have just bought a new knife- not BM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. this tread got a lot of replies fast.
I am really surprised how many brands came up. Haven't seen this discussion it at this level in the IT community.

2 things i am most surprised about is that Benchmade and CRKT came up a lot.
I always though benchmade was a praised and popular brand among those who don't mind spending a good chunk of money on a knife.
And CRKT have all those cool designs. Not boring as spyderco knifes tent to be imho.

I am really happy with the quality on my CRKT Fossil. That ofcause doesn't hold much water, because that's the only CRKT knife i have had.
But it does hold an edge way longer than the popular spyderco tenacious.

I'm a little pissed off at some of these comments. Many (like Quartermaster), are just good people doing their best to produce substandard products (possibly dangerous to the user). Maybe they have to fib a little (minor white lies) about origin of manufacture, actual content material, and, well, lie about anything really that has to do about their business. But hey, it's not like any one of us wouldn't do the exact same thing. [emoji16]. I actually envy them. I heard they have a sweet three story museum. Also in the discussion, please separate Mantis from QM. They are both amazing, and have so much to give the world individually.

Mantis is simply amazing and cutting edge. Who wouldn't love a company that produces this..........over half pound, 6" closed, pocket lobster? And with an only 2" blade, is legal in much of the world. Now that's progressive thought, design, and planning if I've ever seen it.

2wbw0g6.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

Half-pound with a 2" blade? I thought this thread was about knives, not clubs?

This type of thread is a disgrace. New member, admits he knows nothing, inviting trolls to smear companies in the knife industry. If you really are here to hate, you are hating yourselves.

Join Jan 2017
Posts 13

Hi.
So i was thinking, is there brands out there that's generally disliked by the knife community?

We all have our bias and i have had plenty of these kind of discussions in the IT community.
I am new at collecting and EDC knifes, so i am just curious to hear what you guys have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back