Disruption in the political forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that those who are most generous with others' money are themselves not financial supporters of the site.

There's not much difference between the Political Forum or any other forum. They all have their dickheads at times, sometimes more than others. Actually, the PF is 99% dickhead most of the time, IMO. :D

In the summertime, alotta school-aged turds come out of the woodwork and flood the knife-related forums here to just cause trouble.

I imagine the same dynamics apply to any political forum during an election year when every other self-proclaimed know-it-all political hack pops up and juice-wads all over his keyboard while arguing in favor his favorite chosen political party and dirt-bag candidate.

EDITED TO ADD:
I would rather PF stays in place rather than it get kicked out. I don't frequent it, so it does no harm to me. Besides, I like making fun of the PF with the other guys in the stove. :thumbup: :D

Last edited:
It's interesting that those who are most generous with others' money are themselves not financial supporters of the site.

:confused: There was only one freeloader person being discussed, and that was stabman, because he's too cheap to pony up $10. Then the other freeloader person to speak up that isn't a paying member was darthsoaker...

I don't understand Sharp Phil. :confused:

Last edited:
You realize that you're talking about less than three cents per day for a basic membership. Less than four packs of cigarettes (a guess, I don't smoke). Less than two six-packs of beer. If posting in Political truly is the "joy" you profess, it's certainly not an expensive joy. :confused:

I guess you DON'T smoke! In some states/cities coffin nails run $5 - $7 a pack! :eek: ...and stop drinking that cheap beer - the good stuff is about $7 or $8 a six-pack. :D

I said less than two six-packs! :p

Uh - oh, yeah - I guess you did. Well, basic arithmetic is above my pay grade anyway, so what do I know...
:eek:

There's not much difference between the Political Forum or any other forum. They all have their dickheads at times, sometimes more than others. Actually, the PF is 99% dickhead most of the time, IMO. :D

In the summertime, alotta school-aged turds come out of the woodwork and flood the knife-related forums here to just cause trouble.

I imagine the same dynamics apply to any political forum during an election year when every other self-proclaimed know-it-all political hack pops up and juice-wads all over his keyboard while arguing in favor his favorite chosen political party and dirt-bag candidate.

EDITED TO ADD:
I would rather BF stays in place rather than it get kicked out. I don't frequent it, so it does no harm to me. Besides, I like making fun of the PF with the other guys in the Stove. :thumbup: :D

What is this place you speak of? "The Stove"

Last edited:
What is this place you speak of? "The Stove"

Yeah. Where is that place?!?!?

And I thought mentioning that place unmentionable outside of the unmentionable place was an infractionable offense. I wonder if someone should report RWS' post so that he may duly receive his well *earned* infraction...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah. Where is that place?!?!?

And I thought mentioning that place unmentionable outside of the unmentionable place was an infractionable offense. I wonder if someone should report RWS' post so that he may duly receive his well *earned* infraction...

:rolleyes:

No, one can only get an infraction if one mentions the monogrammed bathrobes or the villa in Spain.

I've always thought the best approach would be to just automatically redirect the "Political Arena" link here.

As for Gollnick. I've only posted in the PA a couple of times when I first joined and haven't been back since. Gollnick wasn't involved with those threads, so I've never had a problem with him. My first ever post on BF was in the Bali forum, trying to identify an old BM. Gollnick answered my question quickly and courteously, and that kind of quick response is one of the reasons I bought a membership. I've read a few of his posts outside the PA, and have always enjoyed them. My assumption is that maybe politics is such a hot-button issue for him that entering the PA makes him more hostile than he would be otherwise.

I have to agree with you there. I too have posted once or twice in the PA, and never had Chuck eat at me, so i can't really speak for others considering i haven't been in that situation. I do think that Chuck does make good points, and that maybe the tone of some of his posts are a little hostile. That's all.

It is important that PA be policed and rules enforced but it should be the sole responsibility of the Moderators to admonish violators
If Chuck feels it is the responsibility of all may I suggest he simply remind folks "there are rules, please follow them" rather than a multi paragraph admonition.
It is because of the way Chuck attempts to police the PA that I assumed he was a Policeman there.
Again, a simple one liner "please follow the rules" is enough and should there be a violation it should be immediately reported to the moderators of said sub-form.
Afterall, it is the responsibility of all members to report all suspected violations to the Mods and the Mods take action; thats what the Mods don't get paid:D to do!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back