Disruption in the political forum.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by moonwilson, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    I said less than two six-packs! :p

2. timcsaw

timcsaw Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2007
    You may have a good point. We may all end up preaching to the choir.

3. Phil Elmore

Phil Elmore

Feb 28, 2002
    It's interesting that those who are most generous with others' money are themselves not financial supporters of the site.

4. darthsoaker

darthsoaker

May 2, 2006
    Good thing ol' Nordic Viking will always be there to let off a few one-liners.

5. RWS

RWS Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2003
    There's not much difference between the Political Forum or any other forum. They all have their dickheads at times, sometimes more than others. Actually, the PF is 99% dickhead most of the time, IMO. :D

In the summertime, alotta school-aged turds come out of the woodwork and flood the knife-related forums here to just cause trouble.

I imagine the same dynamics apply to any political forum during an election year when every other self-proclaimed know-it-all political hack pops up and juice-wads all over his keyboard while arguing in favor his favorite chosen political party and dirt-bag candidate.

EDITED TO ADD:
    I would rather PF stays in place rather than it get kicked out. I don't frequent it, so it does no harm to me. Besides, I like making fun of the PF with the other guys in the stove. :thumbup: :D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  6. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    :confused: There was only one freeloader person being discussed, and that was stabman, because he's too cheap to pony up $10. Then the other freeloader person to speak up that isn't a paying member was darthsoaker...

I don't understand Sharp Phil. :confused:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  7. mycroftt

mycroftt

Nov 13, 2002
    Uh - oh, yeah - I guess you did. Well, basic arithmetic is above my pay grade anyway, so what do I know...
    :eek:

8. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Typical bureaucrat! :D

9. theonew

theonew

May 16, 2006
    I think there should be a surcharge for liberals who want to post in the PA :D

10. Sword and Shield

Sword and Shield

Apr 3, 2004
    What of libertarians?;)

11. InfidelShootist

InfidelShootist

Nov 10, 2007
    They get half off.:D

12. JatMat

JatMat

Aug 26, 2006
    What is this place you speak of? "The Stove"

13. moonwilson

moonwilson

Aug 10, 2006
    'Tis a magical place made from rainbows. Where everyone has gumdrop smiles. :)

14. ByronTodd

ByronTodd

Oct 10, 2006
    Yeah. Where is that place?!?!?

And I thought mentioning that place unmentionable outside of the unmentionable place was an infractionable offense. I wonder if someone should report RWS' post so that he may duly receive his well *earned* infraction...

:rolleyes:

15. salty141

salty141

Apr 22, 2007
    Can non-paying members enter, but not post, or not get in at all? Just wonderin'!

16. truthseeker

truthseeker

Jun 23, 2006
    No, one can only get an infraction if one mentions the monogrammed bathrobes or the villa in Spain.

17. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    Hahahaha!

18. RWS

RWS Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2003

I fixed it. :thumbup: :D

19. nate3993

nate3993

Jul 29, 2008
    I have to agree with you there. I too have posted once or twice in the PA, and never had Chuck eat at me, so i can't really speak for others considering i haven't been in that situation. I do think that Chuck does make good points, and that maybe the tone of some of his posts are a little hostile. That's all.

20. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    It is important that PA be policed and rules enforced but it should be the sole responsibility of the Moderators to admonish violators
    If Chuck feels it is the responsibility of all may I suggest he simply remind folks "there are rules, please follow them" rather than a multi paragraph admonition.
    It is because of the way Chuck attempts to police the PA that I assumed he was a Policeman there.
    Again, a simple one liner "please follow the rules" is enough and should there be a violation it should be immediately reported to the moderators of said sub-form.
    Afterall, it is the responsibility of all members to report all suspected violations to the Mods and the Mods take action; thats what the Mods don't get paid:D to do!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.