Dlt trading Red Manix 2

Finally got mine! I think I was last to get mine but it was worth the wait. I had enough time while ordering to leave notes to ask for a centered one and mine is perfectly centered and no blade play. Thanks DLT love your exclusives, I swear I'm not specifically collecting them but here are the ones I have so far.
eDW5ial.jpg

iHEfUNc.jpg

b90t2k3.jpg

SkuIGWF.jpg

Got mine yesterday. This is my first manix 2 and I’m really liking it so far. I’ve been holding off for an exclusive or sprint in materials I want and this fit the bill. My example is alittle stiff but otherwise right to my taste. Awesome job DLT. Not sure if it will replace my cruwear pm2 but it will definitely see some pocket time.

how is everyone liking theirs now that we have had them a few weeks?
I love mine and it was all I hoped for.
Its still a tad stiffer than my best blue one, but I like the scales more and im sure it will loosen up.
Thanks again DLT!

So far so good, honestly have barely used it. Want to keep it in nice shape. Of course a day after I got mine, it fell of the arm of the couch onto my hardwood floors and what to me was the most perfectly centered knife I own is now just barely off for some reason. I don't know how a short drop could cause that, maybe I just need to tighten some stuff up. Mine was a bit stiff, so I loosened the pivot just barely and it now has a nice controlled drop to it. I'm fairly certain its my sliceiest blade it opened some mail for me so easily. Overall I really like it just wish I hadn't dropped it, the centering being like 48/52 instead of perfect 50/50 drives me a bit nuts.

Mine was perfect out of the box...well minus the spring tension of the lock release...but that is normal. (Stiff)

Used it for a week... few scratches... will use it more...but its going to have to share pocket time.

Have a few knives sitting on my desk, and which ever I reach for is the one that gets used that day... lately its been the Stretch 2 Vtoku...and PM2-204p or S35VN

I didn't look at my texts right away and thought maybe I had missed the boat. Pretty thrilled to find out otherwise - my first sprint run acquisition was remarkably stress free.

Got mine today.
DLT text alert system is by far the best system I've come across. Been able to get anything I've wanted.
Thank you DLT

Even after deliberately deleting the email about this knife, I still didn't have enough willpower to resist.

Couldn't believe it was still available so long after the release time. :thumbsup:

Love me a red handled knife!

I don't see anything particularly special about this red 20CV knife. I understand that lots of knife folks like a fruity colored knife, red, orange, bright yellow, etc., but I would rather have one of Spyderco's new S45VN knives. Here is what I bought, a fine PM 2. It doesn't replace my edc Gayle Bradley 1, but it looks like it will be a good edc knife.

Last edited:
Would be cool to see a LW version...with the FRCP frame and 20CV it would almost be a “Manix Salt”

I don't see anything particularly special about this red 20CV knife.

Where to start?

Steel... the new S45VN steel is so new... I don't have a knife in that steel yet but... in general CPM 20CV is a superior steel. And not exactly common in Spyderco folders.

I know the Para2 has a lot of fans and the compression lock is nice... but a lot of us outright prefer the Manix design. I probably carry a Manix of one kind or another more than any other knife.

And price... I bought one of the Red Manix the first go round. I thought it was a spectacular value for around $125. Should have bought two. I saw one of the green wavy handled Para2's in a Joplin knife shop yesterday, it was marked at $225. And she would have charged me tax on top of that.

Steel, knife design... those two factors alone... I would rather have the red Manix. Then throw in the fact that I could nearly buy two of my preferred design compared to the nearly unavailable green Para2... is there really any doubt what I think is "particularly special?"

And the red isn't "fruity colored." It's a beautiful dark red that is very attractive. Not why I bought it but it's a nice perk.

Where to start?

Steel... the new S45VN steel is so new... I don't have a knife in that steel yet but... in general CPM 20CV is a superior steel. And not exactly common in Spyderco folders.

I know the Para2 has a lot of fans and the compression lock is nice... but a lot of us outright prefer the Manix design. I probably carry a Manix of one kind or another more than any other knife.

And price... I bought one of the Red Manix the first go round. I thought it was a spectacular value for around $125. Should have bought two. I saw one of the green wavy handled Para2's in a Joplin knife shop yesterday, it was marked at $225. And she would have charged me tax on top of that.

Steel, knife design... those two factors alone... I would rather have the red Manix. Then throw in the fact that I could nearly buy two of my preferred design compared to the nearly unavailable green Para2... is there really any doubt what I think is "particularly special?"

And the red isn't "fruity colored." It's a beautiful dark red that is very attractive. Not why I bought it but it's a nice perk.

I'm With You, Very Well Spoken :D:):p

Back