• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Do not sell to, buy from, or trade with user "shitstain223".

Status
Not open for further replies.

eschwebach

Gold Member
Hello fellow members,

A few weeks ago I posted in the Trading section that I would like to trade a Leatherman Wave for a Skeletool CX. I received an email from user "shitstain223" that he had a NIB Skeletool CX that he had purchased for his son that he would trade for my Wave. I agreed. I asked him to send the Skeletool first because I had the higher feedback score (that used to be a guideline). He balked at that idea and I went searching around for that rule but couldn't find it anymore. We finally agreed to both send the packages on the same day. I shipped the Leatherman Wave on August 19th (tracking # 9405903699300238947457), it was delivered on August 21st. I did not receive an email from him with a tracking number for the Skeletool. After repeated emails he finally emailed me back and said his daughter was in a car accident and he was indisposed for a couple of days. Fair enough, stuff happens. He claimed his wife mailed the Skeletool on the 19th and gave me a tracking number. (9405903699345238957457) The tracking number was invalid. I asked him to check it again and said I would wait to see if the package arrived. None has... So, he is keeping my Wave and has done nothing to try and track down the Skeletool (if he ever even sent it). I have all of our email correspondence.

First of all, I realize I made several mistakes with this trade. I bet I have had close to 200 successful transactions with members of this forum with no issues whatsoever so I got a little complacent.

Mistakes I made (do not repeat):

1. Shitstain223 - had no feedback score and only 9 posts.
2. I should have stuck with my request of him sending his tool first because I had the higher feedback score.
3. Trusting anyone who picks the username "shitstain223".

I have a pretty good reputation around here with a 100% feedback score and 168 positive feedbacks.

Trade thread...
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1209731-WTT-Leatherman-Wave-for-Leatherman-Skeletool-CX?p=13858910&highlight=wave#post13858910

*****Per request, adding the offenders name and address to the OP.*****

Bryce Hilton
1909 S Magnolia Ave
Sanford, FL 32771

Last edited:
I'm surprised this guy managed to successfully register here with that username. :foot:

But from the looks of it, it seems like his username really suits his persona perfectly.

His username might well have been the only thing he wasn't lying about. I think he must have slipped through the cracks because, iirc, usernames like that are usually banned and the user invited to make another, more family friendly, name.

Sorry this happened to you.

I feel for you man but dang. I would have made him send to me first and or not traded him at all considering 9 posts -0 feedback and not a member. And his name is sh*tstain. I can't believe the MODS didn't ban him for just having the name. I believe his daughter got into an accident about as much as i believe in sasquash being existent. Anyways sorry to hear about this. Sure he"ll get banned. Not always good people here at BF unfortunately. Ban this POS or sh*tstain as the case may be.

Trading with anyone with zero feedback without having them send the knife first is going to be a big risk. No straightforward protections that something like PP can offer you in these situations. Considering your impressive feedback score, balking at his balking would have been appropriate.

Good luck and hope this guy keeps his end of the deal eventually.

I would be hard pressed to take anyone with that particular username serious.

I would be hard pressed to take anyone with that particular username serious.

I would be surprised if this person is an adult. Sounds like something a teen would do. An early teen,like maybe 13/14

Wow, red flags/warning signs pop up all over the place. First and foremost, the username. Then when he balked about shipping first the second red flag should have waved. You should have stayed your guns, demanding he ship first or no deal. And finally, the "my wife shipped it" red flag. In 99% of the scam/bad deals the bad dealer claims some family member shipped the knife.
Demand proof of shipping, demand proof of his daughter's car crash and demand proof he even has a wife!!!

Another lesson learned I guess.....................

Spill the shipping info! Name, address and email. I bet with a little research we can hunt down some info... Maybe pressure him into sending it back before law enforcement gets involved.

Spill the shipping info! Name, address and email. I bet with a little research we can hunt down some info... Maybe pressure him into sending it back before law enforcement gets involved.

I second this.

Give us the name and address you sent your knife too and I'm sure we can dig up some good info on this guy. There are a few legit private investigators here on the forum with the skills and capabilities to bring this scamming piece of trash down.

Mail? U.S. mail? As in felony Mail Fraud?

I second this.

Give us the name and address you sent your knife too and I'm sure we can dig up some good info on this guy. There are a few legit private investigators here on the forum with the skills and capabilities to bring this scamming piece of trash down.

Yup, all of these things!

Yes..Post up his info. More than once a combined effort has helped people recover their property , And I agree with you last admitted mistake. His user name is a big red flag.

Ok, so u got shit on. track him & wack him and get closure. one tid bit more of advise. if you don't join a gang when you get to prison soon enough you're gonna regret it.:D

Sorry to hear that Erik, it sucks.... but dude could not have a more appropriate user name.

I know guys.... There were plenty of warning signs, and like I said I got a little complacent. After I accused him of ripping me off in one email he claimed that he was in his 50's and that he put stealing in his past. Anyway, "Rev Devil" sent him an email so I'll give him a day or two to respond. Then I will release his shipping info and it will be time to "RELEASE THE HOUNDS".

Thanks for the support guys! It's only a $40 multi-tool but no one likes to get ripped off.

I think that if REV DEVIL is on the case, then the hounds of hell have been loosed. Go get that bugger, my friend.
Darn, don't you just hate crooks?
Sonnydaze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back