1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Do not sell to, buy from, or trade with user "shitstain223".

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by eschwebach, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    D'oh!!

2. Submarinerssn725

Submarinerssn725

Sep 9, 2014
    Sorry to hear you had to go through all that! I have yet to do any transactions but when/if I do, is there anyway to prove I'm "one of the good ones"? Only reason I've been dragging my feet is because I don't use PayPal...pretty hard to buy anything without it...

3. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Thank you my fellow knife knuts! I still have faith in humanity because of folks like you. :thumbup:

4. stabber

stabber

Dec 6, 2004
    I think his forum Name SHITSTAIN should be a clue

5. GIZMOMAN

GIZMOMAN Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions Platinum Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Been BURNED ONCE by a DOUCHE BAG In South Carolina
    about 4-5 years back
    Gave him the benefit of the DOUBT
    Was taken for a knife worth about 500
    Not relevant--Its the principal.
    I was too trusting..
    NEVER AGAIN
    As I state CLEARLY in my TRADES and or sales post
    If you have LESS THAN 10 Positive feedbacks.
    1- You will have to SIGN FOR THE KNIFE
    2- You ship your trade ""FIRST""
    I have had a few guys get a bit upset with that..And bail on the sale and or the trade
    Kinda had a feeling they where trying to hide something or took offense to my choosing the ""10""
    Positive feedback thing.. Its my choice to make it like that.
    Its a protect myself thing
    Simple as this.
    IF my rulz OFFEND......
    Move along and deal with someone else..
    I truly get sad seeing the GREAT members in here get taken advantage of..
    We still need to continue looking out for one another..
    As we all do...
    Truly hoping this person(s) get whats coming to them....
    -Keith

6. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Eschwebach, Sorry to hear about your bad experience and loss.

You're a class act in your postings here in this thread and elsewhere.

Frankly, I'm mystified that some have characterized your experience as something a victim deserves! Not a class act.

7. Guest5160

Guest5160

May 18, 2014
    That sucks. Do you have other multitools to hold you over?

8. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks RamZar, kind of like saying someone deserves to be mugged for being in a bad neighborhood huh? I didn't open the thread for pity, only to make others aware and hopefully prod the offender into completing his end of the deal. I have been more than upfront with the fact I made a few mistakes in the process.

Fortunately I do, I have another LM Wave in my truck and a classic Leatherman in the junk drawer at home. I was just hoping to trade my second Wave for something I could throw in my backpack for hiking, but I also have that covered with my Victorinox OHT. So no worries!

9. Le Fermier

Le Fermier

Dec 2, 2013
    eshwebach, all though I stand 100% with my post (#26) I have to admit that it took guts on your part to admit the mistakes you made. Of the many things I'd like to know, what was going through your mind in dealing with someone with that moniker? It certainly doesn't cast you in a good light. Anyone that doesn't understand my post ( with their long range muscle comments) can do just what they told me to do. eschwebach, I don't mean to hyjack your thread (especially after rycen told us to can it) but I think maybe a high temp criticism will enhance the idea in others to listen to the sage advice here on BF. And it's free to boot. Now if any of you think that you're way smarter than alot of the folks here, go the way of Messr. eshwebach and a few others here. But quit whining when you get burned.

10. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Seriously, why are you being a jerkbag? At this point, you should probably disappear back to wherever you came from. Long range muscle comments? How is that any different from what you're trying to do, Mr. Double Digits? Thanks for being such a huge contributing member of this Board. Try not to let the door hit you on your way out, guy.

11. Knifein

Knifein Banned BANNED

Mar 20, 2010
    You've already been told to stay out of this thread if you have nothing positive to contribute. OP made an honest and innocent mistake. The scammer committed a crime. That's what we should be focusing on.

Go crawl back from the maggot infested hole you came from and do not post in this thread again.

12. Daddyo16

Daddyo16

Jan 12, 2012
    Do you enjoy beating people over the head after they've admitted that they made a mistake? What's the point?

13. Guest5160

Guest5160

May 18, 2014
    Good deal. I had intended to offer one of my multiple MP series tools pro bono, if you were hurting for one. Sounds like I'm not the only one hoarding back ups.

14. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.