Do your morals have any impact on your knife purchases?

I might buy it with the former, but you've lost me as a customer on the latter.

All joking aside, I appreciate how you laid out the question for those inquiring.

Thanks. I believe that is what shinyedges is asking.....I could be way off.

I draw the line at racists.
If a maker lets it be known that they are a racist, they'll never see a dime from me.

Other than that, it's simply a matter of do I like the design and is the maker/company honest about the product they provide.

This is a clear way to draw an otherwise ambiguous line; totally agreed. Though, I can't think of a company/ maker that is openly racist. But that is likely a matter of my lack of knowledge.

This is a clear way to draw an otherwise ambiguous line; totally agreed. Though, I can't think of a company/ maker that is openly racist. But that is likely a matter of my lack of knowledge.

Hoo doggies, I can think of one for sure. Another maybe. It happens. Ugly.

Hoo doggies, I can think of one for sure. Another maybe. It happens. Ugly.

I saved some photos of some automatics that caused an uproar a few years back for documentation purposes. Ugly for sure.

Ethics and morality are incredibly important to me.

Marcinek... help me out brother! I need to know. Message me somehow if you wish to not post in the thread. BTW, you laid out your ideas quite well. Belieberism is a repugnant thing...

2 seconds of google-jitsu got me an answer with regard to the autos

2 seconds of google-jitsu got me an answer with regard to the autos

Yup. Just to get back on track....

Say another Marcinek model, the Overcompensator, from a few years ago had some graphics on it that you found offensive.

Do you buy the non offensively decorated current Stabinator?

Morals matter. Business practices matter.
But I am at a loss as to why someone would not buy from a company or maker due to "fanboys". (As some posters mentioned.) Am I missing some moral connection between fanboys and knifemakers?
Because if having a large and vocal fanboy base is a moral issue, then none of us should be buying AR15s, AKs, model 1911 handguns, any any number of wildly popular knives!
And I guess I might be guilty. :)
Cheers, Ed

Yup. Just to get back on track....

Say another Marcinek model, the Overcompensator, from a few years ago had some graphics on it that you found offensive.

Do you buy the non offensively decorated current Stabinator?

To be honest, I would avoid the whole line/ company... there are many choices out there to fulfill my Overcompensator needs ;)

Agreed Edh3007... fanboys does not strike me as a "moral" issue...

It's important to realize that whenever you make a purchase you're buying more than the item itself. I don't personally tend to let the presence of fanboys dissuade me from a purchase. Like all the other factors, however, some folks wish to avoid "buying into" a group they find distasteful due to the association of the item with the fanboys and their decorum or lack thereof despite the connection being indirect. :)

Agreed Edh3007... fanboys does not strike me as a "moral" issue...

Maybe, maybe not. As I don't want to give money to ill mannered jerks, I font want yo be associated with them either.

Maybe being an ill mannered jerk is not a moral shortcoming, but I'm tossing them in there with the rest anyway.

It's important to realize that whenever you make a purchase you're buying more than the item itself. I don't personally tend to let the presence of fanboys dissuade me from a purchase. Like all the other factors, however, some folks wish to avoid "buying into" a group they find distasteful due to the association of the item with the fanboys and their decorum or lack thereof despite the connection being indirect. :)

Yeah! What he said.

fair enough guys--not wanting to run with/be associated with a certain crowd makes sense; not buying into it (literally and figuratively) matters. Since I typically do not, I don't spend much thought on it--but good points, they are noted.

Speaking of racists
image_zpsb700cac1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's extremely hard to tell whether the symbol on the hat is the same as the belt buckle, at least for me. I don't even know what it is. All it reminds me of right now is an Expendables-esque logo.

It's a totenkopf. His father was a member of the Austrian nazi party. Some of His movies are good though.

It's a totenkopf. His father was a member of the Austrian nazi party. Some of His movies are good though.

Didn't know that about him, interesting (although I personally don't think we should hold it against him that his dad was a Party member, but I can understand not wanting to see him wear the buckle, even if it is an heirloom or something). I do like several of his films. Everyone seems to have hated one of his latest, Sabotage, but I actually enjoyed it.

Back