Dog Soldier 8 . . . Coming This Wednesday 11-15-2017 At 9:00pm Eastern!!!

I said I was going to call it quits after the Silent Knight, now my bank card might start glowing from the nuclear meltdown. Well now, I don't really need two Park Rangers maybe one shall find a different home.

I said I was going to call it quits after the Silent Knight, now my bank card might start glowing from the nuclear meltdown. Well now, I don't really need two Park Rangers maybe one shall find a different home.

Same thing I keep doing...only got 1 park ranger on order left from the 4 originally... it's like do I want a $300 4 inch blade or a $300 8 inch blade... Damn budget , friggin presents and medicines sucking up all my blade monies :mad:

The plunge line on these is soooo much nicer than on the Basic line. It's amazing how much more natural the large choil looks when you don't have to fit in that talon hole. The talon hole works on the standard handles, but with the Res C basic handles, I much prefer this design.

Now, if only this was FFG. Hell, while I'm dreaming, White Feather Fatty FFG with this plunge line / choil, please.
Definitely makes better use of all the real estate just forward of the handle. A SYKO version of the Basic 8 done up like this would really be cool.

Anyone know or have a good guess what the weight will be on this bad boy? Also what is the penetrator tip option?

The MO DS8 weighs ~13 oz on a very cheap spring loaded postage scale.

Thanks for this, it will help me "weigh" the DS8 vs. my B8LE. :thumbsup:

DS8: lighter weight, more useable choil, it's a freaking Res-C TG!! :eek:

B8LE: slightly thicker stock + no fuller = more choppy. Satin finish, beautifully convexed edge... :cool:

The only reasonable answer is to get both, but I think it's funny that I have a B8LE & BGHR, plus a TGSE on order, and I'm looking at another 8" blade lol. Not to mention that most of the time I need a fixed blade I'm grabbing my JMD or smaller OR my BME2 or larger. :confused:

The plunge line on these is soooo much nicer than on the Basic line. It's amazing how much more natural the large choil looks when you don't have to fit in that talon hole. The talon hole works on the standard handles, but with the Res C basic handles, I much prefer this design.

Now, if only this was FFG. Hell, while I'm dreaming, White Feather Fatty FFG with this plunge line / choil, please.
I like your wish list, Max. I want the same, except in non-fatty thickness and add a swedge.

My MO DS8 weighs 12.7 ounces, according to my digital kitchen scale.
Yep it's lightweight for what it is, and the balance is just in front of the middle of the choil. For me, the CF version is just about the ultimate hard-use, mid-size field knife.

I received a BT6 recently, and it's a sexy knife that's good to fondle. But for the same weight, I could carry a DS8 and a lightweight folder. I know which of those choices is more likely to come with me on a backcountry trip.

Last edited:
Back