Doug C (Castor) has passed away.

I'm shocked. I hadn't seen him post in a while, but I had no idea he was ill.
Doug will be missed greatly around here, he was one of the best "Old Timers" in all of BF.

2nd star to the right, and straight on till morning my friend...

I probably don't know any other person that loved knives as much as Doug, he was such an avid knife fan !

We 'chatted' from time to time but he was always looking to the next one...much like the rest of of ;)

Rest in peace Doug!

G2

Awesome guy
Lots to contribute. Huges amounts of banter and
frienship

best to the family

RIP, Doug. You'll be missed here.

This place is wonderful, but definitely a little emptier now. :(

~Chris

I am saddened to hear this. He and I have been Bladeforums 'friends' for a long time. My condolences to his family.

I literally just found out. Stumbled onto a post in which a member paid tribute to him with "R.I.P." next to his name. I thought it was a hoax. Then I used the search function and found this topic.

Doug was a great guy. And a friend on BF. It hasn't completely hit me yet. But I'm going to miss him. Just a great guy.

R.I.P.

Last edited:
I just found out the news and am still processing it.:( Like many here, Doug was the first to friend me and I always enjoyed his banter and sense of humor (not to mention his knife-related contributions...;) ) My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Rest easy my friend.

I don't check in enough.

Loved all his music posts. This was one of his last music posts from what I can find.

Awesome as always. RIP Doug C.

Awesome, refreshing, thunderous cover of a Classic !

Draws you in like a power ballad. :cool:

[video=youtube;Bk7RVw3I8eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg[/video]

DC

I don't check in enough.

Loved all his music posts. This was one of his last music posts from what I can find.

Awesome as always. RIP Doug C.

Yep, that's Doug C. Always into the classics, but still a finger on the pulse of great new music.

Good lord. I still can't believe it. DC, we love you and miss you man. :(

There is definitely a piece of the puzzle missing since DC passed, I still can't believe it. :( Rock on DC! :thumbup:

Like others have said, first guy to put out a friendship request.

I remember how huge that was when you're new and tiptoeing your way around here...

RIP Doug C, and condolences.

Just found out. Terrible loss, hell of a guy. Far too young. There will be a big hole here without Doug. My condolences to his family. R.I.P.

Thoughts and prayers for Doug C's family. He will indeed be missed here.

Saw this today and it reminded me of Doug. I think I might get one in memory of his love of music, the Dead bein' one of his favorite bands.

13669814_1753258258246554_4208035874975412554_n.png

Back