Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critter

Platinum Member
[Mods: Please DO NOT move to Benchmade forum as this is not a Benchmade specific post, they just produced the knives.]

I regret to inform all the fans of my Benchmade-produced RSK Mk1 and RSK Mk3 knives that Benchmade has advised us that it will no longer produce these knives going forward. You can purchase existing stock at: http://www.knifeworks.com/DougRitterknivesandgear.aspx

Once they are gone, they are gone.

As you may recall, we do not comment on future knife introductions.

This is sad news, the Ritter/Grip was always a favorite. Looking forward to any future projects that may come down the line though.

Doug,

Take your designs to Spyderco or another manufacturer perhaps?

This was one of Benchmade's best folders/slicers.

My dad stole my last mini RSK 1, seems now is the time to replace it. Bummer Doug!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For some reason, this doesn t surprise me. The Ritter Griptilian is one of the highest value knives that Benchmade produced.
Although Benchmade makes fine knives, they are so expensive that they generally can t be considered high value for the money. The Ritter grip
competes with the g10 Grip and is less expensive. So goodbye Ritter Grip.
Hope the op inquires about a collaboration with Spyderco. With a high grade stainless steel and reasonable price, I d be interested in the new product.
Best of luck.

Last edited:
This is horrible news. It is one of my favorite folding knives of all time. I have spent close to $1500 on knives in the last two days, but I still had to pick up another one of these. Such a shame...

Such a disappointment. These are the only benchmades that I care to own and use.

I bought a mini for my future exwife to be. 😬😋. From KnifeWorks, they are top knotch in my book. She loves it

She won't even let me look at it. Lol. I might buy one for myself now.👍

I think this (Mk1) is my favorite user when it comes to holding an edge and pivot / lock performance.
All around IT JUST WORKS for me !

Figures they would stop making them.

Guess I will have to put mine on a chain like the trucker's wallet what not. Don't want to loose this sucker.

I'll look forward to what comes next.
Cheers

Mr. Ritter I'm very sorry to hear about this it looks they are cleaning house at Benchmade I guess now I need to grab another in m390 before they get scarce but luckily I just got mine together the way I want it thanks for your great blade design sir and looking forward to your future collaborations.

Be seeing you, Arick

I'm glad I have the 2 I bought at the last few Blade shows, I really love the full size one, better pick up a the mini while I can , great knives, unfortunate news.

That sucks. I enjoy my mini Ritter. Doesn't sound like it was an amicable split in y'alls partnership...

Man, I was waiting till after the Holiday's to pick one of these up. I really wanted a full size Grip.
Fuck..... Oh well, early bird gets the worm, right?

[Mods: Please DO NOT move to Benchmade forum as this is not a Benchmade specific post, they just produced the knives.]

I regret to inform all the fans of my Benchmade-produced RSK Mk1 and RSK Mk3 knives that Benchmade has advised us that it will no longer produce these knives going forward. You can purchase existing stock at: http://www.knifeworks.com/DougRitterknivesandgear.aspx

Once they are gone, they are gone.

As you may recall, we do not comment on future knife introductions.

Doug,

May I ask, what was the reason they will no longer produce it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back