Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably due to H&K and Ritter knives made by Benchmade competing with regular Benchmade knives but at a lower price.

However, Benchmade has other problems. Their quality has been inconsistent the past few years and price-wise they're not competitive.

Compare the Benchmade 940-2 with S30V & G-10 for $170 against the Spyderco ParaMilitary2 with S30V & G-10 for $123! Both are made in the U.S.

I agree with this assessment. A high price does not always equate with high quality.
One will only pay so much for good customer service.

Been lusting on one of these for awhile now!,,, pulled the trigger!,, even had my name put on it so I can never sell,,, pass to son!,, same 1st and last so that works out!

That is a shame, really. My only Benchmade is a Ritter mini Grip. It appeals to me more than their other models.

Uh oh! I was dis-heartened by this news... this is the knife that got me into knives in the first place, and offers the best value among all Benchmade knives till date. Oh, and this is also the knife that introduced me to the excellent Wilkins Grip scales. Over years I've probably purchased over a dozen mini-ritter knives, and they still continue to be my favorite production folder.

Good luck Mr. Ritter, hopefully there is something else more exciting in the works. I look forward to the re-emergence of the RSK MK1.

It's probably due to H&K and Ritter knives made by Benchmade competing with regular Benchmade knives but at a lower price.

However, Benchmade has other problems. Their quality has been inconsistent the past few years and price-wise they're not competitive.

Compare the Benchmade 940-2 with S30V & G-10 for $170 against the Spyderco ParaMilitary2 with S30V & G-10 for $123! Both are made in the U.S.

I'd also have to agree with this statement. I've thought this for a while and its frustrating. It's the reason I only own a couple of Benchmades, I just can't justify the price. Although it is sad, the mini Ritter grip was on my list to purchase, looks like I'll have to wait for one on the exchange.

I'd also have to agree with this statement. I've thought this for a while and its frustrating. It's the reason I only own a couple of Benchmades, I just can't justify the price. Although it is sad, the mini Ritter grip was on my list to purchase, looks like I'll have to wait for one on the exchange.
If you go to the first post it has the link they are all still in stock as I check it everyday.
[Mods: Please DO NOT move to Benchmade forum as this is not a Benchmade specific post, they just produced the knives.]

I regret to inform all the fans of my Benchmade-produced RSK Mk1 and RSK Mk3 knives that Benchmade has advised us that it will no longer produce these knives going forward. You can purchase existing stock at: http://www.knifeworks.com/DougRitterknivesandgear.aspx

Once they are gone, they are gone.

As you may recall, we do not comment on future knife introductions.

Be seeing you, Arick

I got the email from Knifeworks with the magic words: "Once they are gone, they are gone", which motivated me to get my order for a large MK1 in orange placed. It has already shipped out!

It was one of those knives that was on my "I'll get around to it one day" buying list, so I wanted to make sure I was able to get mine. I guess I'm going to need scales for it!

Surprising. Contrary to what the crowd seems to prefer though,I like the standard MDP bladeshape.... Im a big mini Grip fan.

This was my favorite Benchmade behind the 940. When a door closes, another one opens. Take care Mr. Ritter.

I remember that, but I think Benchmade cancelled all the Lone Wolf products a long time ago, and I doubt Ritter is working with Benchmade again.

Dang. I'd love a brand new Paul lock and I'd love to support Doug, too. Not sure I need some serialized version, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back