• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed DWAINE CARRILLO AIRKAT KNIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
False advertising on eBay...

Sounds like a rip off artist. Though I can't understand why people like his designs to begin with.

The plus side, Google search for his name this thread is the first to show up

Love his designs personally. But I like huge chunky folders, yeah I should have seen the red flag when the price on the ebay item was a few hundred less than it should have been. I already reported him to ebay and PayPal. It's also mail fraud as well.

Reactions: Mo2
A few years ago Dwaine really seemed troubled about all the lying and taking money from customers, but recently it just looks like he got used to it.
Is there anybody who received a knife from him in 2018? Please come forward.
You dont want a new model, I had a chance to handle a 2018 full ti model cobra, and the quality isn't quite as good as the older models. Minor but the lockup isn't as good, and the finish just isn't quite as good. It's not bad, but just a tad less good as 2017 and older models.

Mike G.. did you get your money back yet?

This thread makes my head hurt. There are SO many great makers and collectors in the Knife World, and then when this happens it's the bad apple.

Hey Dwaine,
I'm still missing 1 Cobra Model 4 with Damascus blade, Titanium front side grip (full Ti) and blue clip
and 1 Cobra Model 4 (Modified’s) with case hard flats and blue clips, with Coyote Brown G10.
I got 1 with Green OD G10.

I ordered 3 knives 2012-10-30 USD 3 015,00 paid you in full!

//Stefan

Hey Dwaine,
I'm still missing 1 Cobra Model 4 with Damascus blade, Titanium front side grip (full Ti) and blue clip
and 1 Cobra Model 4 (Modified’s) with case hard flats and blue clips, with Coyote Brown G10.

//Stefan
Man that sucks..Sorry to hear that

O
Hey Dwaine,

//Stefan
Ouch. Talk about a kick in the nuts...

I'm also one of Dwaine's victims. I ordered a fully paid M250 Scout M5 with Double Titanium Grips on 09-08-2014.

Most of my emails to Dwaine stayed unanswered, sometimes I got answers with many excuses and more bla-bla but got never an information about finishing or shipping...

In the beginning I believed his stories but after reading this I have to say he is only a liar and story-teller.

I don't know if I will ever get my knife I paid four and a half years ago.

Regards to all other victims
Walter

What a freaking mess ! I wonder what the grand total is all said and done. You know there are tons more victims either ashamed of getting ripped off or maybe they just don't want to talk because they put it to rest .

Multiple emails to Dwaine with no response!!

No knife and no refund!!

Since November 2013 he has owed me a knife!!

Newest victim of a Dwaine Carrillo ripoff scam here.
He’s still willingly and knowingly ripping people off for his knives.
He’s now creating fake ebay accounts, and selling the knives, which may or may not exist, to rip people off.
So basically, if you see a new Ebay account with 0 feedback show up, selling one of his knives, DO NOT BUY IT!
It’s him attempting to rip you off, with absolutely no intention of actually shipping you the knife you think you’re purchasing.
Luckily for me, I’m covered by eBay buyer protection, so I’ll be getting a full refund. Eventually.
But I just thought everyone should know he’s still robbing people, and how he’s now doing it.
I thoroughly believe he’s a junkie and has a bad drug problem. And he’s fueling his drug problem by ripping people off this way for his knives.
I don’t believe that illness, expensive medical treatment shit for one minute.
It’s kind of sad that this is what has become of him.
Because IMHO, he was making some super quality awesome knives for a long time. He should be ashamed of himself for doing the things he’s doing.
Anyways, now you all know the most recent deception of Dwaine Carrillo.
Thanks everybody, Chad

Update:

Ok, so after several times of contacting ebay, they stepped in and helped.
The knife did finally arrive at my house. 8 days after it was supposed to with no contact or communication from Dwaine or the alleged “ebay seller” up until it’s arrival.
However, I’m still in the process of returning it and trying to get a refund.
Upon receiving the knife, I found that the workmanship is absolutely terrible and it is nowhere near being a $1400 knife.
The detent is almost non-existent, the action is so far from smooth it’s ridiculous and is actually squeaky and noisy while opening and closing, the lockup is sloppy and has play in it and you can shake it around while open and locked and hear it clicking around and see the blade play, it doesn’t have that crisp clack when opening like any high end knife has, one of the thumb stud spacers is twice as wide as the other one so it doesn’t look uniform, and the thumb studs are so clownishly oversized that they get caught on your pocket when trying to use the pocket clip. Then, they get caught on the inside of your pocket when drawing it out and the blade will half open once you’ve got it all the way out of your pocket. And the blade is as dull as a butter knife.
If I was a knife maker, I’d be ashamed of myself for putting out this kind of work.
The knife actually showing up does not take away from the fact that Dwaine is still attempting to rip people off and still hasn’t made right on so many other people’s purchases.
And if it weren’t for eBay helping me in this situation, I still firmly believe that I’d be up shit creek without a paddle as far as getting my money back. So thanks to Ebay, return and refund in progress.
I just wanted everyone to know what’s going on with my situation so nobody else gets duped by Dwaine, and so if someone buys one of his knives, you know what to expect you’ll be getting.
Thanks again everyone, Chad

Last edited:
He’s now creating fake ebay accounts, and selling the knives, which may or may not exist, to rip people off.
So basically, if you see a new Ebay account with 0 feedback show up, selling one of his knives, DO NOT BUY IT!
It’s him attempting to rip you off, with absolutely no intention of actually shipping you the knife you think you’re purchasing.
Luckily for me, I’m covered by eBay buyer protection, so I’ll be getting a full refund. Eventually.
But I just thought everyone should know he’s still robbing people, and how he’s now doing it.
I thoroughly believe he’s a junkie and has a bad drug problem. And he’s fueling his drug problem by ripping people off this way for his knives.
Because IMHO, he was making some super quality awesome knives for a long time. He should be ashamed of himself for doing the things he’s doing.
Thanks everybody, Chad
Wow So Sad To Hear:(

Thanks everybody, Chad

Not glad to hear that but this dude needs help.

If he honestly is treating a bogus illness with a snake oil medical treatment “colloidal silver” this guy would probably benefit from being a junky.

If we can find 40 people that he scammed (me included) we can file a class action lawsuit. At least that may stop him from continuing to do this. And shame on dealers that keep buying and selling his stuff.

If we can find 40 people that he scammed (me included) we can file a class action lawsuit. At least that may stop him from continuing to do this. And shame on dealers that keep buying and selling his stuff.

Good luck man. Sorry you got taken by this guy though.

Hate to write this but Dwaine's email tripwire7@cox.net is not longer working, he scammed me out of $1300!!

This was his last message to me,

Hey Joe,
I finally sold a piece of property (we are still negotiating it, but I’m 100% sure it’s a done deal) I’ve been trying to sell for some time now. I’m going to refund everyone I’m making back order knives for plus interest, including you. I’m finally healing up from this disease, but I’m tired. It has sucked the life out of me for over two years, but I finally found the cure. I’m not going to finish these backorders, I’m just going to refund everyone’s money. I’m too mentally exhausted and need a break.

It may be a few weeks to a month before I actually get the cash, so please don’t say anything to anyone. I don’t want everyone blowing up my emails just yet, lol. If you hear anyone out there bad mouthing me, feel free to chime and let them know something huge is about to happen for everyone I owe knives to, but don’t say anything other than that.

I’m going to take a few months off, then I’m buying another piece of property with a home already on and building a new shop and coming out with some new models and making a brand new fresh start. It’s been hell, but it is finally over.

Sorry for the inconvenience I’ve caused you and everyone else, but it’s finally over, thank God.

Dwaine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back