EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Following (and hoping for more information on the distinction between “as new” and “like new”).:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
Here let me help you out and anyone else that may be confused.
If you’ll notice on the sales forums you’ll see listings both listed as LNIB or LNIT.
Meaning Like new in the box Or Like new in the tube that represents the knife may have been handled, possibly photographed and lightly carried and or stored in safe. But shows no signs of the above.
A listing as NIB new in the box or NIT new in the tube . Means the knife is new and never carried possibly only inspected and or Photographed.
Nothing out of the ordinary on the sales boards and a guideline that myself and others who buy and sell follow. Also a knife can be described as like new except for and noted on sales thread.
Hope that helps ;)

Last edited:
If you’ll notice on the sales forums you’ll see listings both listed as LNIB or LNIT.
Meaning Like new in the box Or Like new in the tube that represents the knife may have been handled, possibly photographed and lightly carried and or stored in safe. But shows no signs of the above.
A listing as NIB new in the box or NIT new in the tube . Means the knife is new and never carried possibly only inspected and or Photographed.
Nothing out of the ordinary on the sales boards and a guideline that myself and others who buy and sell follow.
Hope that helps ;)
Ok. So the words don't actually have any meanings beyond your arbitrary assignments of them.:thumbsup: Good to know.

Last edited:
Nothing out of the ordinary on the sales boards and a guideline that myself and others who buy and sell follow. Also a knife can be described as like new except for and noted on sales thread.
Hope that helps ;)

Whoa, wait what? LNIB definitely does NOT mean "carried". Wow. Quoted for posterity.

Yesterday’s carry :D
0Ustw1z.jpg
That’s nice, that very same Tiger #98 sat on top of my dresser all weekend.
4wsOORD.jpg

"Like new" may have been carried. "As new" cannot have been carried. Come on, man. It's simple, really (if you're not "confused").:confused:

Heh, yeah, my mistake. And here I thought that "LNIB" was just a classy way of saying "This is used, but I'm hoping to charge almost what these go for new, so I need for you to think about that, and NOT the fact that I have in fact used this knife."

"Like new" may have been carried. "As new" cannot have been carried. Come on, man. It's simple, really (if you're not "confused").:confused:
So let’s be clear I’ve bought and sold over 200 knives here all with 100% positive feedback. Check my ratings if your still confused as they dictate my accurate descriptions. Except for a few select folks here on this thread that have there own personal reasons to stir the pot and make false statements.
Again if you or anyone else is confused my ratings speak for them self and dictate how I sell and buy.
Have a nice day :)

On my belt: a Gerber fixed blade that I don't know the name of. It's served me well as a hunting knife for several years now

In my pockets: a Spyderco Resilience I got on sale for $25 which acts as my beater knife, and my Benchmade bugout which acts as my EDC

Any thoughts or opinions on my selection for the day?

So let’s be clear I’ve bought and sold over 200 knives here all with 100% positive feedback. Check my ratings if your still confused as they dictate my accurate descriptions. Except for a few select folks here on this thread that have there own personal reasons to stir the pot and make false statements.
Again if you or anyone else is confused my ratings speak for them self and dictate how I sell and buy.
Have a nice day :)

You know, for someone who buys and sells so much, you'd think you'd want to tone down the condescending dismissal of people who don't share your "view" of what "LNIB" means*. It's easy for you to puff your chest out now, but what happens if say, someone here with a bunch of time on their hands just decides to start following you and on every sales post you make, they reach out and contact the guys who are all "PM sent!" and let them know that your idea of what constitutes "LNIB" actually means "I've carried and used this knife, but can't see any damage, sooooo "LNIB!"? I mean, everyone loves destroying hubris, such as you're putting on display here, after all. I can't help but wonder if that would have an effect on your sales. There are plenty of folks who take "LNIB" to mean "Not carried or used, maybe taken out for a pic or two, then put back in the box, back in the safe." You're free to disagree of course, but that's the issue with such a subjective qualification. After all, it doesn't matter what YOU think, it matters what the buyer thinks. And if they think it's actually "like new" because you said it was, only to find out that what you actually meant was "I carried it and used it some, but it is still cosmetically fine"...some folks may have an issue with it.

Anyway, just a thought I had! :)

Last edited:
Back