EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

HcQacVc.jpg

Micro Praetorian T.

Is that a Livri? Man, those have really caught my eye. Great picture, and a well matched pair.

Edit: Yes, yes it is. I missed the text at the bottom!

Thanks Forrest. I've only had it a few days, but am really liking it so far. Only issue is that darn lanyard tube gets in the way of the edge a bit, but I knew that from comments/reviews before buying. Just have to be mindful when closing.

CS8yXRF.jpg

Again today, but this time with the Ikuchi :)

IjfM61k.jpg

Thanks Forrest. I've only had it a few days, but am really liking it so far. Only issue is that darn lanyard tube gets in the way of the edge a bit, but I knew that from comments/reviews before buying. Just have to be mindful when closing.

CS8yXRF.jpg

Again today, but this time with the Ikuchi :)

IjfM61k.jpg

Yikes! Although, that said, there are plenty of traditionals where that's a concern. You eventually will sharpen it away, though it's certainly annoying when it happens. The more I look at it, the more I see a BM Proper, except with better grinds, and a much nicer looking pivot pin.

Only issue is that darn lanyard tube gets in the way of the edge a bit, but I knew that from comments/reviews before buying. Just have to be mindful when closing.

CS8yXRF.jpg
Jeez, that's an egregious design flaw in my opinion. I'd cut up the lanyard tube a little bit so that doesn't happen if it were me, resale value aside. That's just me, though; it's certainly a very pleasant looking piece!

Love it, and the parallel jaw Plierwrench version is absolutely the best thing ever...like a Crescent wrench and Channelocks had the perfect baby:cool:

Thanks for the follow-up, Chip. I'll definitely be checking those out to add to the tool stash.

I'm thinking about you and the fires and hope they stay well away from your door. Stay safe, brother.

Thanks for the follow-up, Chip. I'll definitely be checking those out to add to the tool stash.

I'm thinking about you and the fires and hope they stay well away from your door. Stay safe, brother.
No problem, always happy to spread the quality tool knowledge;)

So far, they've managed to keep the fire out of the city proper for the most part but a lot of rural homes and outbuildings have been lost:( I got coverage for tonight so I can stay home just in case it gets out of control again...just gonna be hanging out with fingers crossed. Current evacuation areas with fire line in purple:

Screenshot_20200820-131101_Chrome.jpg

How is that for general EDC? As a kayak fisherman, this knife speaks to me but I often only have one hand to operate a knife so I'm on the fence because of the backlock.
The only complaint I could have is that it’s not an automatic, lol. Seriously, it’s the easiest opening and closing non auto I’ve ever used. I have a really busted up hand, and I can open this Siren no problem, even with my non dominant hand. At least on mine, the back lock fits so perfectly that it is hard to see the 2 pieces come together. I can’t use a drop shut or fling close action as I couldn’t get my finger out of the way. This Siren takes just enough pressure to close and won’t drop shut at all. To close it 1 handed I just use my thigh while depressing the lock, been doing that for 2 decades so I got the maneuver down pat.

I suppose I could always tighten or loosen the pivot if the tension were not to my liking, but this one is absolutely perfect for me. The ergonomics fit me just fine and everyone who I’ve let try it finds it very comfortable too. Waterproof and salt/sweat proof.

Over in the Spyderco forum they talk about the Siren and kayak fishing too.
https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/spyderco.726/

Saltwater and kayak with the Siren here too.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ean-stories-pics-and-all-things-salt.1098269/

I don’t think you will be disappointed at all if you decide to get a Siren.

No problem, always happy to spread the quality tool knowledge;)

So far, they've managed to keep the fire out of the city proper for the most part but a lot of rural homes and outbuildings have been lost:( I got coverage for tonight so I can stay home just in case it gets out of control again...just gonna be hanging out with fingers crossed. Current evacuation areas with fire line in purple:

View attachment 1402903

Stay safe. Hoping for the best for everyone out that way.

Back