EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

The only complaint I could have is that it’s not an automatic, lol. Seriously, it’s the easiest opening and closing non auto I’ve ever used. I have a really busted up hand, and I can open this Siren no problem, even with my non dominant hand. At least on mine, the back lock fits so perfectly that it is hard to see the 2 pieces come together. I can’t use a drop shut or fling close action as I couldn’t get my finger out of the way. This Siren takes just enough pressure to close and won’t drop shut at all. To close it 1 handed I just use my thigh while depressing the lock, been doing that for 2 decades so I got the maneuver down pat.

I suppose I could always tighten or loosen the pivot if the tension were not to my liking, but this one is absolutely perfect for me. The ergonomics fit me just fine and everyone who I’ve let try it finds it very comfortable too. Waterproof and salt/sweat proof.

Over in the Spyderco forum they talk about the Siren and kayak fishing too.
https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/spyderco.726/

Saltwater and kayak with the Siren here too.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ean-stories-pics-and-all-things-salt.1098269/

I don’t think you will be disappointed at all if you decide to get a Siren.

I appreciate your endorsement and input! I'll be perusing those threads now. Thanks!

No problem, always happy to spread the quality tool knowledge;)

So far, they've managed to keep the fire out of the city proper for the most part but a lot of rural homes and outbuildings have been lost:( I got coverage for tonight so I can stay home just in case it gets out of control again...just gonna be hanging out with fingers crossed. Current evacuation areas with fire line in purple:

View attachment 1402903
You’re in my prayers my brother.

20200820-140710.jpg

You may recall yesterday's post about spacing out, going to the job knifeless, but putting up a couple intended carry Turtle pics anyway. No way was I forgetting again and the F95T went in my pocket as soon as I pulled on my Carhartts this morning. Here's a couple pics I just shot before firing up the Weber to grill a couple rib eyes for our evening meal.

rkqulbQ.jpg

IX0Ty5Q.jpg

No problem, always happy to spread the quality tool knowledge;)

So far, they've managed to keep the fire out of the city proper for the most part but a lot of rural homes and outbuildings have been lost:( I got coverage for tonight so I can stay home just in case it gets out of control again...just gonna be hanging out with fingers crossed. Current evacuation areas with fire line in purple:

View attachment 1402903
:eek: Stay safe, man!

0BCZwzd.jpg

Day 20 of 31 for my GEC 93 carry for this month. It's been very difficult only carrying this knife as I quite enjoy fidgeting with my knives. I am really looking forward to carrying a modern folder next month and having a pocket clip.

On a positive note I love the materials of this knife and how it cuts. The edge has also really held up well and after a ton of cutting yesterday was the first time I had to touch the edge up this month. I've even looked into getting a custom knife made in similar materials....

Back