EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

20201010-211005.jpg

ErocSD

Gold Member
There was a post the other day in which a member mentioned that a stock #14 spanner bit fits the backside of the Hinderer pivot well. I bought a two piece tool at the big auction site a couple years ago for under thirty bucks that fits the two sides of the pivot nicely. Its knurled barrels each have through holes which will take a rod (this carpenter uses a 16D common nail) to make them T-handles for greater torque or control if needed. Just search Hinderer Tool over there to find it.

That sounds about right

Sharp & Fiery

Keep ‘em Sharp
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

TheFactor

Life is good !
Platinum Member
Say hello to my now Hair whittling sharp Smock :thumbsup:
It was was razor sharp as most spydercos out of the box but this one was so close to being hair whittling sharp. I knew it the way it cleanly sliced receipt paper. I just had to give it a little more love. Pulled out my green compound and strop block and Ken onion leather strop.
Man this m390 is impressive on this Smock. I spent maybe 10 minutes on it and it is now hair whittling sharp. I had a hard time at first getting it to whittle hair because it would just slice threw it if I didn’t get the right angle.
PAFkZw6.jpg

matfox

Basic Member
The knife is, as I may have somewhat unclearly indicated by rhyming, the Monterey Bay Knives Sprocket. I posted it here earlier as today's carry. MBK is a company formed by Sanford Owen and Ray Laconico to "release high end production knives based on our designs" to quote their website. They keep their prices down by using the Chinese subcontractors who do work for the better knife manufacturers over there. The Sprocket is designed by Gerry McGinnis and is based on his custom knife by the same name. One of his characteristic design motifs is handle holes which are also present on his own build, the ProLine Valve--another of his designs which I'm pleased to own.

LAD7dyQ.jpg

Aside from being an apt phrase regarding knives,"in the pocket" is, of course, a jazz/blues/funk musical term which is well explained by listening to Steve Gadd's drumming or the music on the Cory Weeds side pictured in the linked post. :cool:
Thanks for that clarification, now all makes sense to me too.:):thumbsup:
I thought I'd seen this knife before...:rolleyes: At least it was another background, so I didn't recognize immediately.

Last edited: