EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

404916e65b5338d838e7db6cb96caf21.jpg

It hasn't really been a matter of "carry" these last few days as I've been mostly house-bound doing admin to get my 7 team youth basketball club and our 65 team league up and running for our 19th season, but I had these two with me today after I realized how much they're the same only different.

Similar shape and size. Both wicked light. They share the same interesting construction as "linerless liner-locks" with a lockbar only, housed into the handle slab and attached through it to the pocket clip. FFG blades are not dissimilar, though the Skaha is closer to a spear and the Strisch is a slight drop. Both wicked sharp out of the box.

Lots of differences, though--flipper v single thumb stud; bearings v PB washers; G10 v CF; CNC-cut S35VN stainless ridged and polished blade v ground Vanadis 8 tool-steel bead-blasted blade. The NorthArm knife has a Shiro-like flipping and free-dropping action while the Cheburkov has that CRK sort of hydraulic smoothness in and out though it flicks very easily and all-but-free-drops.

Nice pair, methinks.

loP8r8S.jpg

EqnkaPj.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pair, methinks.
Methinks your right. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D The NorthArm knife has always beckoned me, the only thing stopping me, is knife carry laws are getting sketchy.:confused: I even had a police officer ask to see my Delica, and try to wrist flick it, it wouldn't flick! Then he says if it opened he would charge me with unlawful carry.:eek: I know he's off on his view, but I just don't need the hassle any more at my age. :p

Methinks your right. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D The NorthArm knife has always beckoned me, the only thing stopping me, is knife carry laws are getting sketchy.:confused: I even had a police officer ask to see my Delica, and try to wrist flick it, it wouldn't flick! Then he says if it opened he would charge me with unlawful carry.:eek: I know he's off on his view, but I just don't need the hassle any more at my age. :p
Thanks. The Skaha intrigued me right away, both for the knife and it's BC roots. My brother-in-law and family lived not far from Burnaby where the knife is made, later moving to the Okanagan, Skaha being the word for dog in the Okanagan language.

It sucks that you can get hassled for your knife carry in such a sweet place as the Canadian Rockies. Even if the cop is wrong, which he was, losing your knife, getting ticketed, than having to go to court to maybe get it back is mondo too much hassle. I consider myself fortunate to reside in two places where I've never had to worry about that. Here on the Cape there are lots of tradesmen and construction guys showing clips. Up North it's more fixed blades and traditionals, though the younger guys carry clipped. In our area the closest Statey or LEO might be 25 miles away and it's unlikely they'd give a sh*t anyway.

We've spent time out your way and find BC and your Rockies just gorgeous.

Thanks. The Skaha intrigued me right away, both for the knife and it's BC roots. My brother-in-law and family lived not far from Burnaby where the knife is made, later moving to the Okanagan, Skaha being the word for dog in the Okanagan language.

It sucks that you can get hassled for your knife carry in such a sweet place as the Canadian Rockies. Even if the cop is wrong, which he was, losing your knife, getting ticketed, than having to go to court to maybe get it back is mondo too much hassle. I consider myself fortunate to reside in two places where I've never had to worry about that. Here on the Cape there are lots of tradesmen and construction guys showing clips. Up North it's more fixed blades and traditionals, though the younger guys carry clipped. In our area the closest Statey or LEO might be 25 miles away and it's unlikely they'd give a sh*t anyway.

We've spent time out your way and find BC and your Rockies just gorgeous.
Thanks for the reply brother.:thumbsup: Yes, I lived in the North Okanagan 16 years and loved it! There is a lot of misinformation regarding the carry of knives I think due to Canada Border Services, which spills over to the police. Over the years I have amassed well over $20.000 in knives, mostly one hand openers. I have sold a fair few off but still, have at least 6 or 7 Spydi packs full to clear.:eek:
I had planned on just passing them on to my two Son's but they're not very interested in them..
All the best to you my friend, Dave

Dave,

If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you and how did the cop see the knife? And also, why would he ask to see it?

I am east of Toronto and turning 50 and have never had a cop ask to see a knife...

Cheers,

Brent

P.s. the idiot you had the pleasure of dealing with would have been roasted in court if he took your knife. He likely read about the CBSA ruling and had absolutely no clue about actual local laws...

Back