EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

PzzZF3g.jpg

This made my day, thanks for sharing it.I assume since you are near the coast that the water is salt water.

cbach8tw cbach8tw and Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery , thanks for the interest. These are salt water dolphins that come in from the Gulf of Mexico. I live in Naples….a small town that runs along the southwest coast of FL. We have several large, natural inlets that lead to the backwaters that spread all along the coast. Manatee and dolphin are pretty common in these waters. The water itself is what we refer to as brackish, meaning it’s a mix of salt water from the Gulf and fresh water from the tributaries that extend further inland. We’re kind of sitting on the northwest corner of the Everglades…if that helps explain the backwaters a bit.

It’s a unique ecosystem. It gets further confused by the fact that way back when, land developers dug canals off the natural backwaters so they could sell more “waterfront” homes. That’s where these residential docks are located. By boat, it’s about 10 minutes to the gulf.

Once or twice a year, some of the alligators that live deeper in the backwaters find their way out to the gulf. Apparently the salt water helps exfoliate their skin. Talk about weird; imagine walking along the beautiful white-sand beach and looking out at the crystal-clear, tropical blue waters……and seeing a 14-foot gator swimming 5 yards offshore. Lol, nothing gets tourists out of the water quite like that. Unfortunately, I lost that video when I changed phones years ago. It was funny…..and a little scary.

Apologies for the long-winded sidebar guys. Maybe this pic I swiped will put it into perspective. There are hundreds of little fingerlets that run off these backwaters. This is actually near where I was. Doesn’t show the little inlets but you can see the proximity to the open water.

79D6ADD7-2B5B-44B1-BD2D-18692804AF20.jpeg

Last edited:
Black is the New Black!
- At left is my Smith & Wesson diver;
- Next is the Imalent DM 70 flashlight;
- Then we meet the full custom slip joint by Joel Chamblin, with a CPM 154 hand-rubbed satin finish blade in a modified Wharncliffe pattern with a killer harpoon swedge, and lightening strike CF covers;
- And at right is the underrated James Brand “Carter” with Polished Damascus blade, Micarta scales, and Axis-style lock.

IMG_2770.JPG

Back