EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Got the Small Sebenza 21 today. Mods: Opening hole on S30v blade with an acid etch and then stonewashed. Presentation side scale is black timascus.
i4wVJ3k.jpg

cbach8tw cbach8tw and @Sharp & Fiery , thanks for the interest. These are salt water dolphins that come in from the Gulf of Mexico. I live in Naples….a small town that runs along the southwest coast of FL. We have several large, natural inlets that lead to the backwaters that spread all along the coast. Manatee and dolphin are pretty common in these waters. The water itself is what we refer to as brackish, meaning it’s a mix of salt water from the Gulf and fresh water from the tributaries that extend further inland. We’re kind of sitting on the northwest corner of the Everglades…if that helps explain the backwaters a bit.

It’s a unique ecosystem. It gets further confused by the fact that way back when, land developers dug canals off the natural backwaters so they could sell more “waterfront” homes. That’s where these residential docks are located. By boat, it’s about 10 minutes to the gulf.

Once or twice a year, some of the alligators that live deeper in the backwaters find their way out to the gulf. Apparently the salt water helps exfoliate their skin. Talk about weird; imagine walking along the beautiful white-sand beach and looking out at the crystal-clear, tropical blue waters……and seeing a 14-foot gator swimming 5 yards offshore. Lol, nothing gets tourists out of the water quite like that. Unfortunately, I lost that video when I changed phones years ago. It was funny…..and a little scary.

Apologies for the long-winded sidebar guys. Maybe this pic I swiped will put it into perspective. There are hundreds of little fingerlets that run off these backwaters. This is actually near where I was. Doesn’t show the little inlets but you can see the proximity to the open water.

View attachment 1895683

Thanks, I had a feeling that the waters were brackish but wasn’t sure how far back that would go in those back areas. The thought of an alligator showing up off shore would be cool to see, I think I have seen videos of Australian salt water crocks swimming along the shore…in Australia of course……. Another though, bull sharks can go from salt to fresh water and swim up those tributaries.

Can someone help me out with the days of the week, I thought it was warnie Wednesday?🤔
You got it wrong. It's "Woven Wednesday"!

So yesterday I decided to reprofile and sharpen my MBK Old Guard. This ZDP-189 took a very long time, longer than the Maxamet I've sharpened. But once done it took an amazing edge and I probably won't have to do much to it for the remainder of the month.

Also a cool thing at work happened today. A coworker came into my office and I saw a lanyard sticking up from it. I recognized it and the clip and asked if he had a Sebenza in his pocket. He was surprised I knew what one was but smiled and pulled out an Umnumzann! I haven't ever handled a CRK in person so it was a cool experience. Here it is with my OG.

You got it wrong. It's "Woven Wednesday"!

So yesterday I decided to reprofile and sharpen my MBK Old Guard. This ZDP-189 took a very long time, longer than the Maxamet I've sharpened. But once done it took an amazing edge and I probably won't have to do much to it for the remainder of the month.

Also a cool thing at work happened today. A coworker came into my office and I saw a lanyard sticking up from it. I recognized it and the clip and asked if he had a Sebenza in his pocket. He was surprised I knew what one was but smiled and pulled out an Umnumzann! I haven't ever handled a CRK in person so it was a cool experience. Here it is with my OG.

Ill try to keep that in mind for next week, can you help with the other 6 days? ZDP-189 is no fun to sharpen but your right when you put the effort in you get a good edge for a long time.;)

Ill try to keep that in mind for next week, can you help with the other 6 days? ZDP-189 is no fun to sharpen but your right when you put the effort in you get a good edge for a long time.;)
Micarta Monday
Textile Tuesday (read micarta)
Woven Wednesday
Thumbstud /thumb hole Thursday
Fiberous Friday...

I think you get where I'm going with this... Haha

Also I really enjoy sharpening it's just the first reprofiling takes so long that you question your sanity at times. I sharpen all of my employees knives if they ask me to.

Back