1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

End the Mystery... the Grab Bag image thread!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by n850gt, Aug 30, 2017.

1. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Great scores !! Congrats
    All the HC's are 154cm , I had some satin custom shop ones. So I had same question and the shop confirmed the 154cm.
    Great little knife and for normal knife duty it's a great steel with Busse heat treat even better :)

BeastClaw likes this.
  2. Chrisinzky

Chrisinzky

Nov 20, 2015
    I wonder if that Hairy Carry is yin and there's a yang out there.

BeastClaw likes this.
  3. BeastClaw

BeastClaw Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Thanks for the clarification Dura. It is nice little knife and it's in my favorite size. Just didn't expect a 154CM blade to be worth that much even with a custom handle.

4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    I know back 2015 the HC's in cerakote were like $ 160.00 Yours also appears to have the swedge ? hard to tell in pic. Which not all have them, add in you don't really see a lot of those released.
    That ratmandu is really sweet too :)

BeastClaw likes this.
  5. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2017
    Totally digging that CS Rat- grn/blk liners and it looks closely matched (L/R) from that spine shot too- those hybrid styles rock me nice!

6. NJBillK

NJBillK Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Mine is landing today! Looking forward to work finishing up and finding my mail carrier mid route since I don't want to wait til near 6p.m. for her to arrive at my house...

MessOnAMission likes this.
  7. Phixt

Phixt

May 28, 2016
    I already have a single busse blade in my posession and it's a BG AK. Guess what i got in my $500 bag? Yep - a BG AK, plus a coated something pulled out of the swamp. Literally the most disappointing scenario possible in what would be considered a fair business deal. The sole purpose I did the grab bag was to get a single busse model that all of you own and is impossible for me to get; what do they send me? The ONE knife anyone can go and buy straight from their website. YYYEEEAAA. To all those who don't like their satin PDs: Please get in touch with me!

Oh, and yes, you can have it.

8. Phixt

Phixt

May 28, 2016
    Me too. Curious to see what you recieve today...

9. Murman

Murman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2015
    How should anyone get ahold of you? I can't find that you have pm or email. I'd like an AK. Do you have a membership where you can sell here? My email is [email protected]

Phixt likes this.
  10. Stiihl

Stiihl

Aug 31, 2017
    only 2 blades?

11. TheirProtector618

TheirProtector618

Jun 13, 2016
    This has me a lil worried. I should be receiving my 500 and 250 grab bags tomorrow. UPS states that it's a 2lb box. Hopefully I get something good.

12. Murman

Murman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Mine was ups labeled 5 lbs. It include a hnws a huck and a camp cleaver which are all 2-3lbs each plus 5 smaller blades. Don't worry.

TheirProtector618 likes this.
  13. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    That Hairy Carry is one of the best sized and designed blades that Busse has put out, IMO. I have heard from credible sources that the 154CM is one of the "best kept secrets" in the Busse world in terms of its performance. I have one, had 2, and now wish I had 2 still...

And yes, it's a model that does not pop up much, I think because people who own them and use them keep them.

Cam

duramax and BeastClaw like this.
  14. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Get the gold membership so you can sell or trade. That's one of the beauty's of the the grab bags. Someone else would/will love to have what you got. When your gold pm me.

Phixt likes this.
  15. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    What the other guys said. Spend a few bucks to up your membership, sell them, make your money back (plus probably a couple hundred more than your original investment), and use the money to buy something you want off the exchange. Easy peasy.

Phixt likes this.
  16. zxgeoff

zxgeoff Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2005
    My Bag arrived today had too wait 3 hours till my son got out of football practice too open with him
    We were Both Amazed at our Haul. So pumped :):):) and the day after My birthday as well !!!
    anyone know what model and handle the custom shop is?
    IMG_20171012_175952197.jpg IMG_20171012_180005413_HDR.jpg

dug24, T90, Murman and 4 others like this.
  17. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    Looks like amboyna burl (maybe curly oak?) inlaid into G-Rexed black and tan G10 with mosaic pins - I LOVE my Lil' Smokey!

Also - aren't those MOFOs super awesome in hand?

Congrats!

18. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    Yes - what they all said, and since you can sell at a discount and still break even (if you so choose) it is super easy-peezy...

There is literally no possible way from a rational perspective, based on what the grab bag disclaimer says, that anyone purchasing 1 or 8 can be disappointed. Sure we all get our hopes up, and if you step back and remember what you purchased, there is no way to rationalize disappointment - it is purely based on emotions, expectations and hopes that we all set up in our minds. You get exactly what you pay for: $800 worth of knives for $500 bucks, that's it...and whatever it is for the $250.

I was happily able to pass along all the knives I got that I had no need of via the exchange, and they got a discount, and I made out good, meaning I just bought other knives!!!

19. BenL

BenL Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Aww man, that's awesome! Nice grab!

20. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Smoking Lil Smokey and sharpened by Garth. What a treat.