Epic Movie Knives

What are your most favourite movie knife "icons" of all times,that draw your attention to knives from early childhood? Name or post pictures of first three most desirable on scale from 1 to 3 (first most favourite,third last)

Last edited:
The deba in Sanjuro, in the part where he is practicing throwing it at a leaf blowing in the wind.

The tanto in Yakuza Graveyard, that is used to shank some Okinawan thug who thinks he's tough.

The katana in Sword of Doom, owned by the main character who mows down dozens of people in a bamboo grove.

The deba in Sanjuro, in the part where he is practicing throwing it at a leaf blowing in the wind.

The tanto in Yakuza Graveyard, that is used to shank some Okinawan thug who thinks he's tough.

The katana in Sword of Doom, owned by the main character who mows down dozens of people in a bamboo grove.

You have a great taste for blades! I d love to get my hands on genuine Nihonto, (first i'd have to sell my car to have a chance to get into this sort of ball game i guess :):):)

-would you have any specific pics of those three please?

1. First Blood (Jimmy Lile)
2. The Hunted (Dave Beck)
3. The Edge (folder by Brian Lyttle)

My childhood best favourites are following:

JACK CRAIN'S Predator Machete (first), i was speachless when i has seen it for first time! -(i guess,there will be more fans of this beauty)
[video]http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f24/predators-royce-costume-jack-crain-predator-machete-sheath.jpg-52588d1304673798[/video]

Closely followed by Gil Hibben's Rambo III
[video]http://www.rambo-knife.com/images/large/rambo_the_rescue_6_10_LRG.jpg[/video]

My last (but not least) favourite Crocodile Dundee Bowie
[video]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/12/47/8a/12478a37ede56d71c62057bac9659294.jpg[/video]

NOW, THESE ARE THE KNIVES!

:):):) I am sure, they had amazing influence on many bladenuts around the world....Only sad thing about them is,that no quality reproductions are currently made on really premium steel and quality level,apart of some efforts and yes,G.Hibben i believe still does them,but speaking of price i would very welcome if some production take these to the higher level into premium (200-400USD) and make actually tough usable reps,i am sure they all would be still in very high demand....

Ahaha..great old films. I've seen all of them. I was more inspired by the Jimmy Lile knife in Rambo I, and to a lesser degree
the Gil Hibbens ones in II and III. But moreso by Jack Crain's knives in Predator. Forgot what knoves were used in Commando.
Maybe cause that one was so silly.

Mad Max's Gerber dagger in Road Warrior. Two Bit's Bali in The Outsiders. That movie also featured a sweet automatic used to ice that douche bag Soc, Bob. Hehe

Book of Eli....not sure what it is though.

image_zpsjhyfikxj.jpg

C'mon all the "Rambo" survival knives, the bowie in the first "Crocodile Dundee", and Billy's machete in "Predator" are a gimme for childhood fantasy knives.

Now these are my recent movie favorites that continue to fuel my obsession with knives:

The Tom Brown Tracker used by Benicio Del Toro in "The Hunted"
The hand forged Gil Hibben machete in the latest "Rambo"
The kukris wielded by Alice in "Resident Evil Extinction"
The balisong used by Hit Girl in "Kickass"
The CS Tai Pan used by Johnny Strong in "Sinners and Saints"

Not a childhood movie but the main character of 'The Man From Nowhere' uses an S30v Kershaw Blur in an amazing fight sequence against a karambit-wielding Thai hitman. I've been looking at buying a Blur ever since.

C'mon all the "Rambo" survival knives, the bowie in the first "Crocodile Dundee", and Billy's machete in "Predator" are a gimme for childhood fantasy knives.

Now these are my recent movie favorites that continue to fuel my obsession with knives:

The Tom Brown Tracker used by Benicio Del Toro in "The Hunted"
The hand forged Gil Hibben machete in the latest "Rambo"
The kukris wielded by Alice in "Resident Evil Extinction"
The balisong used by Hit Girl in "Kickass"
The CS Tai Pan used by Johnny Strong in "Sinners and Saints"

It is up to you entirely how would you name these knives,i will not argue because not only is this matter of taste, but rather it is difference between generations and age of each of us...

Movies like Rambo,Predator,Commando,Crocodile Dundee comes out all,when i was early teenage boy and people are influenced most in this young age...All of these movies heavily promoted knives,knife industry around the world at the time and knives used in them had all breakthrough designs and sizes for that time...during that time, we as young kids,boys were living in the world of knives,when 7-8"inch blade of classic design was considered as "monster blade".....These movies took the knife design to the whole other level,when they displayed the knives never seen before and in most shocking proportions for the era.....Number of teenagers and people were immediately drawn into fascinating world of the knives by this all around the world...Companies started to see opportunities and world was all of a sudden flooded with hundreds and thousands of Mickey Mouse replicas and "gimme fantasy knives" as you call them,but fact is, it was a breakthrough (for my generation of guys),,,of course young guys these days have other new movie knives to be seen on the screen,but i highly doubt-any of them will cause ever more massive boom like Rambo-Predator era did,in overal knife industry...

But yes,of course even these days many of us love to see the "knife related movies" included me,as there is still living teenager inside me too,as in many others here for sure :):):)

Last edited:
I don't know about all time but this one from "Hellboy" looks pretty handy...

g3b7c7te.jpg

Especially when the handle extends to staff length.

Back