Epic Movie Knives

1)The Iron Mistress Bowie from the Alan Ladd movie
th

2)Rambo first blood
JIMMY-LILE-KNIVES-NEXT-GENERATION-FIRST-BLOOD-KNIFE-View-2_57.jpg

3)Arnolds Crain knife in Predator, not the machete
DSCN3003.jpg

Last edited:
Yea i didn't mean to come across as crass, I'm no spring chicken believe me. I just meant to say the Rambo era started it all and there's plenty of good ones still to come :thumbup:. Plus even my more recent favorites lean towards the classic, less fancy styles unlike the ones perpetuated in the mail order catalogs we all get from time to time.

Waterworld. Yeah, I know. But it was the first movie I saw that featured a khukuri/kukri--quite a bit before Alice in RE:Extinction. Costner only had one, though. LOL
Exposure/A Grande Arte. Had never seen knives like those before this movie.
Resident Evil: Extinction, of course. One blade's good. Two's better.

No favorites. Those are just some that stayed in my mind.

Here's some cool movie knife content from one of my favourite flicks... The Road Warrior!

[video=youtube;cK0Tvz2YqbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK0Tvz2YqbQ[/video]

Who can forget the super cool hidden blade beneath Mad Max's booby trapped Ford XB Falcon (2:44) or his boot knife (3:19--rumored to be a Gerber Mark II)? :cool::cool::cool:

-Brett

Oh, and the Joker from "The Dark Knight"?* Yeah, he EDC's like a BF member... :D

[video=youtube;lwbOg3AwgJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbOg3AwgJM[/video]

*Definitely not a childhood movie

Last edited:
Cowboys and Aliens; Harrison Fords fixed blade. (?)
Kill Bill: Diaz, Dagger/Leather holster. Think it was just a SOG; She wore it hella sexy tho'
Avengers; Hawkeye Dagger, Busse, I believe.
Sweeny Todd; Johnny Depps straight razor(s) (?)

Here's a knife i designed based on a cross between the rambo 4 cleaver and crocodile dundee bowie
17.5 inches overall 11.5 inch blade 2.75 inches across .300 thickness 2.3 lbs

I call it the roid rage rhino bowie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 94
Johnny's shell-puller switchblade from The Outsiders. Liked it so much I picked up something similar at some point, although mine is not a lever lock. This is mine:

Yea i didn't mean to come across as crass, I'm no spring chicken believe me. I just meant to say the Rambo era started it all and there's plenty of good ones still to come :thumbup:. Plus even my more recent favorites lean towards the classic, less fancy styles unlike the ones perpetuated in the mail order catalogs we all get from time to time.

Of course and i did'nt mean at all anything negative in regard of your opinion or choice,also i stated only toughts to the best of my limited knowledge RoadDog66,surely you are right there are a lot more very interesting and often also usefull functional designs of knives,sometimes tailor made to the screen,other times taken from production or custom based selection...I like a lot more movie knives,apart of them 3 examples of favourites...A lot of SOG's,Cold Steel and Busses are also very good examples on screens these days ...Thanks to you and other guys for all their favourite selection made here!

Here's a knife i designed based on a cross between the rambo 4 cleaver and crocodile dundee bowie
17.5 inches overall 11.5 inch blade 2.75 inches across .300 thickness 2.3 lbs

I call it the roid rage rhino bowie

Congrats! Thats a massive Rhino chopper! Is that micarta scales on it? What steel is that made of,if i may ask?

Warriors of the Rainbow (Seediq Bale)
Basically Taiwanese natives
with big knives/swords defeating foreign invaders who use machine guns and poison gas which in real live was only tear gas but hey whatever makes Japanese look bad and hides that the natives later were "freed" from themselves by another nation close by...
Anyways besides a little bit propaganda a pretty cool movie with nice blades.

Blade from "Blade". Nothing I would buy but what sticks in mind.

Rambo. ☺

Predator. I remember the knife but the movie was completely dominated by the scene were the guy mows down trees with his portable mini gun.
Maybe I've to see it a couple more times to appreciate the finer details of that movie.

Oops just read "childhood".
Let's scratch the first movie. Still worth seeing though.

Bonus points to anyone who can recall the movie with "Butchy the Blade Muldanado" in it,
I think the blade was a spydy police.

The pocket knife from the saint!

Speaking of pocket knifes - so far i have'nt noticed anybody recalls Crocodile Dundee 3 (LA) - thrusting his Manly :) "pocket" knife in Manly:) manner through large plastic annaconda's head....(this "pocket" knife is still nowhere to be seen replicated since) to the best of my knowledge....(would surely wish for one)

Back