Epic Movie Knives

Ok, maybe not quite a movie;
But an epic for sure
'nam tour of duty
tourofduty-areamagz_full.jpg

kbar probably a camillus marine knife model...
colour knox looking left.gif

candidZekeAnderson.jpg

Last edited:
Bonus points to anyone who can recall the movie with "Butchy the Blade Muldanado" in it,
I think the blade was a spydy police.

...I've always remembered his name, (If it's the same character, movie,etc.) as "Billy The Blade" and he did carry a Spydie....
Thus, my B.F. User Name ! :D
I thought it was the older movie "Shattered" with Tom Beringer, but i am not completely sure.
Kinda ironic, though I have been wanting to make sure lately, as well as refresh my memory on the Spydie model,too. :) BTB.
...Jeeze, hope i don't have to change my name to "Butchy" now :rolleyes:

Cool. You have good eyes. ☺
I Googled it thx to your information.
Seems like they are pretty rare these days, maybe even back then.

Rebel Without a Cause features a fight with two huge stiletto switch blades.

Speaking of pocket knifes - so far i have'nt noticed anybody recalls Crocodile Dundee 3 (LA) - thrusting his Manly :) "pocket" knife in Manly:) manner through large plastic annaconda's head....(this "pocket" knife is still nowhere to be seen replicated since) to the best of my knowledge....(would surely wish for one)

[video]http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr331/palmerproperties/CrocodileDundeeCrocodileCombinedPic.jpg[/video]

Referencing picture from BF

1)The Iron Mistress Bowie from the Alan Ladd movie
th

2)Rambo first blood
JIMMY-LILE-KNIVES-NEXT-GENERATION-FIRST-BLOOD-KNIFE-View-2_57.jpg

3)Arnolds Crain knife in Predator, not the machete
DSCN3003.jpg

Would you have any info on the last one you refer to-(Jack Crain knife from Predator posted here) was this knife ever replicated by any production company or knifemakers out there? Certainly very nice looking knife

Not a childhood movie but the main character of 'The Man From Nowhere' uses an S30v Kershaw Blur in an amazing fight sequence against a karambit-wielding Thai hitman. I've been looking at buying a Blur ever since.
This and the Raid movies are some of the best blade movies ever-although that great final scene in Man from Nowhere has some traps in it I would never, never, never do with any folder...
How about Exposure with Peter Coyote and Tcheky (sp??) Karyo-the one in South America with the "secret Per-Sev fighting art"- that's the only movie I've ever seen with known custom makers (a Randall, and a couple other '90's makers) knives being sold on a kitchen table...
http://youtu.be/CSwrE-I3MHM

Last edited:
Not a childhood movie but the main character of 'The Man From Nowhere' uses an S30v Kershaw Blur in an amazing fight sequence against a karambit-wielding Thai hitman. I've been looking at buying a Blur ever since.

And the hitman's karambit was a Cold Steel Steel Tiger.

Sgt. Barnes in Platoon with a Cold Steel Peacekeeper I believe. Also seen in Total Recall.
image_zpsjtbcoq27.jpg

K
This and the Raid movies are some of the best blade movies ever-although that great final scene in Man from Nowhere has some traps in it I would never, never, never do with any folder...
How about Exposure with Peter Coyote and Tcheky (sp??) Karyo-the one in South America with the "secret Per-Sev fighting art"- that's the only movie I've ever seen with known custom makers (a Randall, and a couple other '90's makers) knives being sold on a kitchen table...
http://youtu.be/CSwrE-I3MHM

Agreed that The Man From Nowhere and both The Raid movies are among the best knife-related movies.

Also, in Kill Zone (a.k.a., Sha Po Lang), starring Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung, the brutal assassin played by Wu Jing uses a gaudy-looking tanto-style knife.

In Training Day, Denzel Washington threatens a thug with a Spyderco Police. It's possible that the Police model is the single-most shown folder in movies/TV.

In Night of the Hunter, Robert Mitchum plays a psychotic preacher/serial killer whose weapon of choice is a switchblade.

Jim

I'm surprised the The Iron Mistress that Alan Ladd carried as Jim Bowie in the 1952 movie of the the same name wasn't mentioned first off or more often - that monster bowie inspired a LOT of knife makers back in the day. I'll also add, since no one's mentioned it, the big Arkansas Toothpick that Anthony Caruso used as Black Jack Sturdevant in the big dueling scene with Ladd/Bowie.

The one that had the biggest impact on me was Tristan's knife from Legends of the Fall.
It wasn't because of the looks of the knife, although it is a great looking knife. It was more because it was the knife that he carries his whole life, as a young man, when he goes to war, and even to his death as an old man. He, presumably, dies with this same knife in his hand fighting a bear. Hands down the most epic movie knife of all time.

Back