ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech support? ... I have never seen this place before. Definitely a weird out of the way place to place this thread. I can see why it could fit, but who the hell looks here.

I like the ESEE forum. Maybe they could rename it The ESEE Gear and Skills Training Forum? Then people could talk about what they want.

Words of wisdom right there!:thumbup::thumbup:

Blues thank you. I agree. If the decesion is final from them ,I'm cool with that. I've already joined over there. There just seemed to be a little attitude going on that bugged the crap out of me. I'll shut up now.

Thanks, gents, I had no doubt that you guys would understand. :thumbup:

Tech support? ... I have never seen this place before. Definitely a weird out of the way place to place this thread. I can see why it could fit, but who the hell looks here.
Not the forums or staffs fault if people don't look around and use the whole site. People need to open their eyes and realise that this is a big place with a specific area for just about everything.

On the other hand...

Adam may be on to something!:thumbup:

:p

Well, I will say that Ethan bought me dinner at my very first Blade Show many years back. Little did I know then that he was trying to use those deep pockets to turn me into one of his minions. :eek:

Quite a bit of outpouring of emotion for such a small matter.
Jeff, Mike, and ESEE aren't dead. They just built a new house and moved. Nobody is saying "screw you" to anybody. Two parties had a disagreement and this was the most comfortable conclusion for the people involved.

If you like ESEE and still want to join in conversations go to www.jungletraining.com; go to the forum site and follow the instructions to register. No big deal.
If you don't like ESEE, or don't really care one way or the other, then there isn't really a change in the number of clicks it takes you to get your daily knife fix.

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill, guyzengalz. Adapt and overcome.

Remains to be seen. I'd have preferred this situation not come up to begin with. Past that, we'll see in the morning.

I'm going to turn in, those of you with paid subscriptions can see why my night was extra exciting in a certain unnamed subforum

Spark, I realize you don't want to go into it, but for those of us that can't catch every single post, it's really tough to figure out what's going on around here with the recent forum closures. I guess in the end it doesn't matter all that much, but it would be nice to know what the deal is.

Sure it is possible to just carry on, and be apathetic about it all, but a certain point if I don't care, then why do I visit the site?

Thanks,

-Freq

Spark, I realize you don't want to go into it, but for those of us that can't catch every single post, it's really tough to figure out what's going on around here with the recent forum closures. I guess in the end it doesn't matter all that much, but it would be nice to know what the deal is.

Sure it is possible to just carry on, and be apathetic about it all, but a certain point if I don't care, then why do I visit the site?

Thanks,

-Freq

Hello Freq,

Hopefully this sums it up for you.

Jeff Randall does not agree with the moving of threads from the ESEE forum with out his consent. The parties involved are discussing it and trying to come to an agreement.

When my wife doesn't agree with me about how I discipline my daughter she doesn't say so in front of my daughter cause it may lessen the impact I have over my daughter in the future..

We can whine and complain that we aren't involved, but it is for the best...

Edited out - I'll come back in a few days, hopefully this has ironed itself out.

Last edited:
The whole IP address thing in the new forum is kind of a bummer. I don't mind the mods having it, but every Tom, Dick and Harry?

That's got nothing to do with bladeforums or the current matter.

Tony, I agree with that. I have spoken with Ken about a sheath in the past, and have emailed/sent messages with him back and forth on BF and Jerzee Devil. I have never met Jeff, but I have no problems with him. From his posts and magazine articles, he seems like good people.

I hope that the ESEE forum is re opened.

Registration has been disabled my the Admins on the ESEE site forums, do I need to email Jeff or Mike? I have owned ESEE in the past, but none right now. I like to visit there and learn what I can. For what it's worth, I am planning on getting a Junglas.
send Jeff an email with your requested username and he'll set up an account with a default password for you when he has time.

Noone forced anyone to leave. None of the mods here go around with a chip on their shoulder looking to mess with people or topics unecessarily. The Off-topic prefixes are there because of the software, when there is a forum specifically for a topic, the posts should go there. Just because you have an affinity for a certain forum does not mean than anything you post is allowable there. This has already been covered in the W&SS forum. The problem is people LIKE to post in their little clique forum and are making it difficult to keep the forum on topic, which is why the other forums were created. Instead of bitching and tearing the forum down, how about applying the same zeal to building the forum up and helping new people navigate it. The forum is only as good as it's members.

Where is anyone saying this? It is news to me. Everything possible is being done to rectify this situation in an amicable manner.

Karda, I dont know you and I'm not going to enter a personal battle with you. It just seems to me that there is an attitude that we should not be upset that the forum that we like is gone. While yes there are plenty of other forums on here for a wide variety of people if we do not choose to view or particapate in those forums that does not make us any less important just because we have a little clique also. I'm not mad at anyone, just voicing my thoughts.

LMAO! I just put the binoculars down just now. I won't tell everyone you wear Spongebob Squarepants boxers...it's our secret....oh wait. :D

OK now it's REALLLLY getting out of hand because I do have a pair of those in my drawer

Noone forced anyone to leave. None of the mods here go around with a chip on their shoulder looking to mess with people or topics unecessarily. The Off-topic prefixes are there because of the software, when there is a forum specifically for a topic, the posts should go there. Just because you have an affinity for a certain forum does not mean than anything you post is allowable there. This has already been covered in the W&SS forum. The problem is people LIKE to post in their little clique forum and are making it difficult to keep the forum on topic, which is why the other forums were created. Instead of bitching and tearing the forum down, how about applying the same zeal to building the forum up and helping new people navigate it. The forum is only as good as it's members. QUOTE]

You seem pissed off that people are not happy that one of the most active forums on this site is now gone. We are allowed to express ourselves either positive or negative.

While you say the forums is only as good as it's members, really seems like the policing of the site is an issue with a lot of the members and it's most active company.

Instead of telling us the rules are for a reason and blah blah blah, I really hope there is some looking at the system and the reasons that this is happening.

You seem pissed off that people are not happy that one of the most active forums on this site is now gone. We are allowed to express ourselves either positive or negative.

While you say the forums is only as good as it's members, really seems like the policing of the site is an issue with a lot of the members and it's most active company.

Instead of telling us the rules are for a reason and blah blah blah, I really hope there is some looking at the system and the reasons that this is happening.

Chill out. First off, I was asked to close the forum by ESEE, so I complied. Had I not been specifically asked, it'd still be open, so don't act like I got a burr under my saddle and just did it out of spite.

Second, threads get moved. It's a fact of forum life, get over it and move on. 1 day / week / month / year from now nobody is going to care that a thread was moved, and if it destroyed your life, happy trails elsewhere. This thread in particular was moved because it wasn't about ESEE products, it was about forum management. I stated that talking about ESEE products should be in the General forum, forum management is for the Tech support area. Again, not rocket science. Likewise, threads get moved out of subforums all the time, it's not like ESEE gets singled out.

Third, the mods have my support, 100%, full stop. If they choose to move a thread to an area where they deem it's more appropriate, suck it up and don't let it ruin your afternoon. We have leeway and are pretty laid back about most things, to the point where we err on the side of caution on most cases. If there's one thing you can't accuse us of it's over-moderation.

Noone forced anyone to leave. None of the mods here go around with a chip on their shoulder looking to mess with people or topics unecessarily. The Off-topic prefixes are there because of the software, when there is a forum specifically for a topic, the posts should go there. Just because you have an affinity for a certain forum does not mean than anything you post is allowable there. This has already been covered in the W&SS forum. The problem is people LIKE to post in their little clique forum and are making it difficult to keep the forum on topic, which is why the other forums were created. Instead of bitching and tearing the forum down, how about applying the same zeal to building the forum up and helping new people navigate it. The forum is only as good as it's members. QUOTE]

saved me a lengthy reply..i was gonna start writing till i read this lol. well said my man

The De-volution of this discussion is startling. Maybe we should all remember that this entire forum is a community meant to bring like minded people TOGETHER and not to promote pettiness. I've said it and many others have said it that the people in the knife community are some of the best people in the world, let's not prove them all wrong with a bunch of name calling, rumor mongering and outright petulence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back