1. Despite 2020 presenting more than its share of challenges, I'm thankful for all of you, and the community you guys have created. Hope that your homes are full of happiness, your fridge well stocked with leftovers, and your homes warm & loving.

ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Norsman, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    This isn't cool or productive at all.:thumbdn:

2. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    Now ... that's just cruel.:eek:

For the record, I do not hug nuts.:cool:

3. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    Well, taken in just the right way, it's pretty funny.:)

That will just have to do.

4. BASR

BASR

Jun 29, 2010
    While I'm sorry to see such an amazing forum subsection be closed, I respect BF's decision. The only thing I'm worried about is hopefully the ESEE forum won't be deleted. It would be truly sad for so much information and reference materials be deleted...

5. Bridog

Bridog

Jul 22, 2009
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sad to see this sub-forum go but I understand the reasons why and feel that it is for the better of the two parties involved. Both Jeff and Spark have said nothing but positive things about each other. I had hoped this wouldn't turn into an insult fest when I first read about it, but then again this is the internet so that was obviously too much to expect as referenced above.

6. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    I disagree. A mod did what a mod does and Jeff decides to react as if the guy killed his dog. How do you respect an overblown response like that?

7. Menace

Menace

Feb 1, 2007
    Because nobody but Jeff and Spark know the exact details. You ever done business with a close friend or family member? What happens when an argument or disagreement arises? It turns into a shit slinging fight and then you lose a friend or a family member.

I don't know the exact details and neither do you but (in a total nutshell) it seems that a disagreement arose between BF and ESEE (good friends with a great working relationship) and ESEE decided that to save a relationship they just walked away. Both sides have said there are no hard feelings towards the other.

Yes, a cantina style thread was proposed but it seems that ESEE decided that it would still be better for them to have their own forum since they were already in the process of launching it, again, saving that relationship.

It's all very unfortunate and it looks like the only reason I have for being a BF member anymore is to keep an eye on the exchange

8. mat_890

mat_890

Mar 19, 2010
    I love it when people speak their mind. Much better then the lip service from other users.

9. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    I was visiting BF before I ever heard of ESEE knives.

That being said, I probably spend more time there than in other forums here, well, maybe excepting WS.

I'll join over at Jeff's new place, and stay here as well. I don't see any reason at all to complain to anyone about any thing.

10. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Go to Jeff's new place and he explains the issue. Which is pretty much what I just said. It's not the first time he's been overly emotional about things. Things that don't involve this site or "family members."

11. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009

Hi Spark -

I think this site is one of, if not the best moderated site that I have been a member of on the internet.

There are a few notables that work overtime to keep the place civil.

I think the decision to leave over such an insignificant issue was a poor choice for the business of selling ESEE knives, but nobody asked my opinion.

I would not have known about the Izula without hearing about it on this very site.

I have recently seen some poor attitude (in my opinion) in threads started here by Mr. Randall, and this is just the icing on the cake. I sincerely hope that there is not something far more important troubling him that is clouding his judgement.

I wish Mr. Randall and ESEE well.

I have to go now, I have a date to watch tv on a couch, so I have to grab some knives and get nearly-naked.

best regards -

mqqn

12. LostSoul

LostSoul

Oct 10, 2009
    Was his response that overblown? It seems to me that he made a decision and left quietly. It's everyone else's $0.02 that has turned it into a circus act.

I have always respected a man for being emotional or standing up for what he thinks is right, whether I agree or disagree with it. I don't have to understand why people think or feel the way that they do, but I still choose to respect someone for standing firm on their decisions. That's just my opinion though and I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with it.

The people that frequented the Esee section was a tight knit group, and felt more comfortable confiding in or asking for the opinions of their peers. I think the right decision was made.

13. bladerique

bladerique

Aug 31, 2010
    Wait.....did someone say that in two years two threads were moved? I was under the impression that ESEE forum thread relocation was a regular ongoing thing. To pick up and leave over two threads in two years? That doesn't make sense.

14. EarlFH

EarlFH

Nov 29, 2010
    I tried to register at the new site, but it says that registration is closed???

EarlFH

15. hiwa

hiwa

Jun 7, 2009
    I've read these posts here as well as on Jeff/Mike's site and am now reasonably informed of what has happened. It's too bad . There are a lot of Esee followers here and new people interested in their products and info as well.A lot of people never heard about Esee until becoming BF members , including myself.

If customers come first , then we should of at least been told first as most people visiting the Esee forum are Esee customers or people interested in being one. Don't get me wrong ; I really like the Esee crew...they're good people. I just think we should of been informed of their intention to leave by them , if only just as simple courtesy. Instead , we find out about this by forumites who come across a slammed door.

Sad to see it go , but life continues...

16. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird

Apr 11, 2007
    What does that have to do with this site? Nothing at all.

17. EarlFH

EarlFH

Nov 29, 2010
    Sorry to bother you. I thought that someone might post some information, instead of a snotty remark.:jerkit:

18. Maniacal Pete

Maniacal Pete

Oct 16, 2010
    Stupid.

ESEE stood to reach far more public (and new customers) by sticking around at BF, and the concept of a cantina would have been a perfect fit (and a great placd to hang out).

Just Stupid.

:cool:

pete

19. Maniacal Pete

Maniacal Pete

Oct 16, 2010
    Not me, and I've got a lot of ESEE crap. I'll read about it here in the appropriate subforum.

pete

20. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird

Apr 11, 2007
    I was pointing out something that should have been common sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.