Everyone's latest acquisitions!

This Ka-Bar Dog’s Head Coppersmith Hunter is on clearance from the manufacture. It’s pretty nice for the price.

i.ashx

i.ashx

Last edited:
7uVob6E.jpg

I bought this from a guy at work. I had one identical to it as a kid but that one's long gone.
Anyone know the blade steel on these? Sharp was the k-mart brand in the 80's and 90's I believe

My new knife is an Enzo Trapper 115, full flat grind in 12c27. Cost £88 including delivery from the Netherlands.

Really nice knife, thin(3mm), 8 degrees per side primary, with 16 dps secondary bevel (got that info from Dennis at Brisa).

The sheath is good but if you turn it upside down the knife will slide out, so I took it to a cobbler's and he glued a piece of leather inside, it's tight now and cost me £4 to fix.

I was sure that I was done. I had wholeheartedly convinced myself that I wouldn't buy anymore knives until Boose or Grimsmo came knocking.

But here we are.
One Giantmouse Biblio and one Ferrum Crux on the way. Damn.

32A5374B-3E74-46FF-AF0B-F505C2153B19.jpeg This is a modular Buck 110. It is put together with screws, so the parts can be switched around. This the same knife as in post #3552 above, except the blade and handle slabs have been switched. The new blade is a custom CPM S-110-V and the handles are textured black G-10.

Buck 347 Maverick. It s a limited run Vantage with Bos treated cpm20cv steel and micarta handles. Mine has a first class fit and finish.
Always liked the Vantage and I couldn't t resist those materials.

Based on the great reviews from Lapedog Lapedog and @miso2 I picked up a Boker Exskelibur I titanium/S35vn. I have to say it's everything they said it was. It's a super slim knife given the blade size, and will ride comfortably in the pocket. I love the blade shape and how well it slices! My knife arrived with no issues and the blade was dead centered. I am not a fan of the teflon washers and will probably replace them with PB soon. All in all the Exskelibur Is a great value for what you get.
32279616_Unknown.JPG 32279664_Unknown.JPG

Based on the great reviews from Lapedog Lapedog and @miso2 I picked up a Boker Exskelibur I titanium/S35vn. I have to say it's everything they said it was. It's a super slim knife given the blade size, and will ride comfortably in the pocket. I love the blade shape and how well it slices! My knife arrived with no issues and the blade was dead centered. I am not a fan of the teflon washers and will probably replace them with PB soon. All in all the Exskelibur Is a great value for what you get.
View attachment 961639 View attachment 961640

Don’t bother replacing the teflon washers. Give it some time to break in and the Exskelibur has the single best action on teflon washers of any knife I have ever experienced.

Mine is free dropping, well, provided you hold the lockbar off of the tang. Still for a teflon knife that is impressive. Just give it a chance!

I am so glad you like it! Welcome to the club!

Don’t bother replacing the teflon washers. Give it some time to break in and the Exskelibur has the single best action on teflon washers of any knife I have ever experienced.

Mine is free dropping, well, provided you hold the lockbar off of the tang. Still for a teflon knife that is impressive. Just give it a chance!

I am so glad you like it! Welcome to the club!

Thanks! I'll give the teflon washers a shot.

Thanks! I'll give the teflon washers a shot.

Just give them a chance. Normally I greatly prefer PB&J washers too but those teflon (nylatron? Recycled coke bottles?) washers seem to work perfectly with the front flipping action once the knife breaks in abit.

Also I recommend setting the pivot to just the point where there is no more blade play and using a little purple or blue loctite.

The heat treat seems spot on for the s35vn in mine too.

View attachment 961639 View attachment 961640
That’s s nice looking knife. I’m a sucker for blue and gray or blue and black. I’ll have to look into that knife.

Back