Everyone's latest acquisitions!

8INuSm0.jpg

8p8xu7o.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't taken a picture yet but:
1532499792952526-lp.jpg

I am still not super sold on the scratch grinding on the scales but it's a gorgeous knife in person. It seems a bit like a show piece in the sense that they wanted to try out their new CNC machine. "Oh let's do curved milling, and holes, and fullers, and we need sloping angled cuts and hard edges too...what about a cut out in the flipper tab? AND WE NEED A SWEDGE GUYS!" and it rockets out like an Olamic.
Happy I got one the second go around, immediately one of my favorite knives.

Thanks justjed! The amp and pre-amp are custom builds by a local guy, who is simply an amazing maker and artist, using restored and sensitively modified Western Electric vintage amps and pre-amps, output transformers, and tubes. And I’m brand new to the forum and this was the first comment I have received, so thank you! Have been lurking on the forum for a long time and really benefited from the wisdom of everyone here!

If ya like sharp stuff, this is a great place to hang out. There's a LOT of knowledge floating around.

Nothing sounds like tubes! Kinda spendy, but worth it if you really like to listen to music. I use a tube hybrid pre, into a 40yr old SS power amp, not quite the best of both worlds, but pretty close. Good on ya!

Two of my latest here. Just received the all-Wilkins Grip yesterday--nothing much left of the original knife but the guts. If the box is the right one, this was a 551BKOD. The Giant Mouse ACE Biblio was bought impulsively a few weeks back--it's on the way small side of what I normally purchase, carry, and use, but it's a sweet little knife with M390 steel, natural canvas Micarta, and a great little flipper.

SED5VEK.jpg

z96jUVj.jpg

In between those two came this Old School Shirogorov Tabargan 100NS with grippy G10 scales and a 440C blade. I bought this from the guy who bought my earlier 100NS with M390, blue anodized scales, and custom marble CF scales. He sold that one, bought this one, bought another Vanax35 CF Tabargan, and sold me the G10. What goes around comes around, though we don't know where my original knife is now. :oops:

DSYQgV1.jpg

6gsM3Ru.jpg

Back