Everyone's latest acquisitions!

photoman12001

Gold Member
I spotted this Hinderer Emmett on eBay and snagged it for the V1917 serial number. I thought it would be neat in this photo since the Colt 1911 was made in 1918 and the artillery fuse is dated 1916. It’s a bit of stupid reason to buy a knife and I paid a little more than I should have. It ended up being about the price for a new one after shipping and tax; I still forget about tax on eBay. If I can get micarta scales for it I might actually carry it. The pocket watch belonged to my great-great-grandfather.
Colt_1911_23MAR2021_2048_Pixel_10.jpg

Several years ago I got an Emerson Horseman. I loved the size and blade shape. To me, I thought it might be close to the perfect EDC knife. Within two weeks of purchasing this brand new knife it developed horrible lock rock. I had it fixed under warranty then sold it because it was the last of the long string of bad experiences with Emersons. A few years later I got a Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Skinner which reminded me of the great lines of the Horseman. As much as I liked it I just won't carry 3.5" XM-18s much so I longed for a 3" Skinner. Hinderer finally released them a few weeks ago and I snagged one as soon as I saw it.
Hinderer_XM-18_3in_Skinner_19MAR2021_2048_Pixel_10.jpg

Yeah, that thing is pretty overwhelming...this Schempp Bowie that came in the same box was completely eclipsed;)

View attachment 1536675

Also snagged this Ritual that showed up today...actually pretty impressive for CRKT, aside from one bolster/scale transition being a little proud I can't really find any nits to pick.

View attachment 1536676
I’ve been thinking about getting a CRKT Ritual myself,I doubt I would carry it very much but I think it’s a pretty awesome design

TheChunk91

Gold Member
My CQC-11K came in yesterday. It’s the D2 steel version.

97F6B17C-061A-461D-A79F-9FC061AD7B28.jpeg

I’m very happy with both of these kershaw emerson’s. Both have nice action, tight and centered blades, good lockup, and satisfactory cutting ability. In fact they are the best chinese kershaw’s I’ve ever had. I was able to put a 30 degree inclusive edge on both of them without making the bevel too wide and I really like that as well.

Now they get to fight over who gets picked for carry.

690D6714-D1EB-4D48-AACB-E9F75C8810CE.jpeg

jfk1110

Gold Member
My CQC-11K came in yesterday. It’s the D2 steel version.

View attachment 1538757

I’m very happy with both of these kershaw emerson’s. Both have nice action, tight and centered blades, good lockup, and satisfactory cutting ability. In fact they are the best chinese kershaw’s I’ve ever had. I was able to put a 30 degree inclusive edge on both of them without making the bevel too wide and I really like that as well.

Now they get to fight over who gets picked for carry.

View attachment 1538758

I think I'd be swapping the handles!!!! Nice duo!!!

gpo1956

Gold Member
Basic Member
Woke up this morning very excited. I had a Microtech LUDT and a Quiet Carry Waypoint coming. Couldn’t wait. The LUDT showed up first. I ordered the black with stonewashed plain blade. Opened it up and the factory box said
MMT-135-10 which is correct. Took the knife out and it was the MMT-135-11 serrated blade. I called the dealer and they were very apologetic and are sending me return page and shipping. Hopefully I’ll have it back late next week.
This afternoon the Waypoint came in. Great looking and great feeling knife, but the detent is so strong that I can’t flick it. I loosened the pivot a hair and it’s very smooth and almost drop shut, but still cannot thumb flick it or middle finger flick it. I can open it now by pushing with my thumb, but about every third or fourth time my thumb slips off and almost catches the blade. I’ll keep working it and see if it softens any before I go to the trouble of sending it back. Anyway, that was my day, how was yours?

Looking for Laguiole knives, unfortunately, there is no physical shop near by, looking for the knives online everyday & enjoying the pictures -_-!!