Fake Sebenza Just sold on eBay.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Jhileman79, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    here it is next to yours
    [​IMG]

2. Biginboca

Biginboca

Mar 17, 1999
    The shape of the lockbar is also wrong around where it's cut to meeet the blade. You can easily see this in the post above...

3. Knave

Knave

Dec 29, 1999
    Isn't the lock side missing its inlay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Aflac Duck

The Aflac Duck Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Didn't anybody notice that it has torx screws? That alone says everything:D

It's an integral titanium inlay.

5. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Hey it doesn't claim to be Idaho made!

6. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    If people are willing to pay $400 for an item from a dude with 0 feedback let them. You'd have to be a pretty big moron to do that. :rolleyes:

7. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Morons indeed. No description, no specs, crappy pictures, no feedback....way too many red flags

8. CARRERA50

CARRERA50

Dec 20, 2008
    No one familiar with CRK would be fooled by this. Once again, buy from an AD or not at all.

9. ti lock

ti lock

Jul 20, 2013
    the buyer should call both ebay and paypal, explain the situation and stop any money transfer but he needs to get on it asap

How was the original poster able to contact the buyer? "To keep eBay a safe place for buyers, member-specific information is not displayed. Each bidder is assigned an anonymous name, that is used consistently throughout the bid history for an item."

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  10. jill jackson

jill jackson

Sep 5, 2006
    That doesn't mean a sebenza isn't real. [​IMG]

11. ti lock

ti lock

Jul 20, 2013
    the issue has now been reported to ebay

12. Jhileman79

Jhileman79 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Nice! I reported it before the auction ended. Hopefully they can do something about it.

13. ti lock

ti lock

Jul 20, 2013
    also ebay buyers have buyer protection

14. JSMcustoms

JSMcustoms

Feb 2, 2012
    No inlay on the backside of the knife is a dead giveaway that it's a fake. That and having had an inlayed Sebenza at one time, the whole thing just looks wrong to me in general. Sucks that someone got scammed like this.

*currently carrying a Sebenza 25 Wilson Combat Edition*

15. ti lock

ti lock

Jul 20, 2013
    I have and still do sell a few CRKs on ebay... two issues i see on ebay as far as CRK goes.... counterfeits and CRK Dealers selling new knives below msrp which is in violation of their dealer agreement with Chris Reeve Inc.... I report those guys to Chris Reeve

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  16. perryman

perryman

Jan 7, 2012
    eBay seems very inconsistent in pulling auctions

17. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    It's because they like the fees. I report fake collectibles all the time. 2-3 outa 10 get yanked.

18. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    I'd have to agree with the posters stating.....with all the clones & fakes out there, you gotta be nuts to buy a high end blade off ebay. Especially after seeing all the red flags for that particular seller.
    Hope the buyer wakes up and gets his coin back!
    Joe

19. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    We see fakes/clones like this all the time in the CRK sub. Many times, it's because an interested buyer is wanting to know the validity. Many times, they are called out pretty quickly as clones. Don't think we have missed one yet. Typically, as in this case, they use torx fasteners...As BB stated..that is the easiest tell on this one. In other cases, they use distanced shots or blurry shots so you really can't see detail very well at all.
    As Cougar Allen described many times, buy off of a blurry picture of a knife, end up with a blurry knife...Or something to that affect.
    Best to buy from reputable sources such as authorized dealers..From the exchange is a decent source. There are also some dedicated Facebook groups for particular brands that do pretty well. This one was outed a few days ago on one of the CRK facebook fan pages.
    Use the resources available to you as it's not just CRK that has clones/fakes/homages that people are trying to pass off as authentic. The people in the respective manufacturer forums are usually really helpful in this respect if and when they can.

As usual, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

20. Space Foo

Space Foo Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2016
    That sucks.